inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Would this be considered grunge era fashion (1995)?

Written By: 90s Guy on 12/18/20 at 9:43 am

https://i.ibb.co/TT41wsS/May-1995-3.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/ZTNDqLN/1995-or-1996-26.jpg

Subject: Re: Would this be considered grunge era fashion (1995)?

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 12/18/20 at 10:34 am

Does not look like grunge fashion to me, no. Not enough plaid flannel, for one thing.  ;D  One of the unfortunate legacies of the grunge era that just goes on and on with no sign of ending is the fact that males now wear shorts (long, baggy ones) everywhere, all the time, no matter what time of year or what the occasion.  Likewise with goofy winter wool hats.  Early 90s fashion left a long, lasting impact that nobody seems to notice.

Oh--and the mullet in the second photo is definitely not grunge.

Written By: violet_shy on 12/18/20 at 12:10 pm

Does not look like grunge fashion to me, no. Not enough plaid flannel, for one thing.  ;D  One of the unfortunate legacies of the grunge era that just goes on and on with no sign of ending is the fact that males now wear shorts (long, baggy ones) everywhere, all the time, no matter what time of year or what the occasion.  Likewise with goofy winter wool hats.  Early 90s fashion left a long, lasting impact that nobody seems to notice.

Oh--and the mullet in the second photo is definitely not grunge.

The Grunge era ended a long time ago. Some people still wear some of the fads but it's not the same. If you compare a photo of someone wearing Grunge clothing in 1994 to today you'll see the difference. Nobody wears grunge anymore.

Written By: wagonman76 on 12/18/20 at 12:23 pm

The Grunge era ended a long time ago. Some people still wear some of the fads but it's not the same. If you compare a photo of someone wearing Grunge clothing in 1994 to today you'll see the difference. Nobody wears grunge anymore.

Yesterday I did because I was doing a nasty job of cleaning my washer parts. Basically the ugliest flannel I got.

Written By: violet_shy on 12/18/20 at 12:32 pm

Yesterday I did because I was doing a nasty job of cleaning my washer parts. Basically the ugliest flannel I got.

Oh ok. But I'm just saying, just because you wear flannel doesn't mean it's Grunge. This did make me laugh though!

Written By: wagonman76 on 12/18/20 at 12:42 pm

Oh ok. But I'm just saying, just because you wear flannel doesn't mean it's Grunge. This did make me laugh though!

Oh I wear flannel all the time. But I remember grunge being really thick and ugly flannels. Along with other things.

Written By: 90s Guy on 12/18/20 at 6:13 pm

What would you say were the hallmarks of grunge clothes (besides flannel) for guys and girls?

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 12/18/20 at 7:10 pm

What would you say were the hallmarks of grunge clothes (besides flannel) for guys and girls?

Long shorts on any occasion and at any time of year for males, and goofy winter wool hats at all times of year for both sexes are among the aspects of grunge that have lingered on to this day.

Written By: violet_shy on 12/19/20 at 3:54 pm

Flannel over logo shirts, jeans, boots, floral dresses with boots, long hair on guys and shorter on girls. I use to dress like that in the 90s when I was 14 or 15.

Written By: 90s Guy on 12/19/20 at 4:03 pm

Flannel over logo shirts, jeans, boots, floral dresses with boots, long hair on guys and shorter on girls. I use to dress like that in the 90s when I was 14 or 15.

In 1994, my father had chin/almost shoulder length long hair all around, and my mother had a buzzcut. Was an interesting match.

Written By: 90s Guy on 12/19/20 at 4:06 pm

https://i.ibb.co/RH0Q6w7/vlcsnap-2020-07-08-13h09m44s563.png

https://i.ibb.co/kqjMs0C/vlcsnap-2020-03-07-23h57m18s573.png

Written By: BotleyCrew on 12/20/20 at 1:01 pm

Looks Mennonite. But then again a lot of 90s floral dresses look like churchwear.

Written By: 90s Guy on 12/21/20 at 11:16 am

Looks Mennonite. But then again a lot of 90s floral dresses look like churchwear.

https://i.ibb.co/cxkSWn3/Untitled-46.jpg

Another floral dress, June 1st, 1995

Check for new replies or respond here...