inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What decades were people nostalgic for in the 90s?

Written By: deloresthegreat on 06/11/21 at 2:16 am

From what you remember

Subject: Re: What decades were people nostalgic for in the 90s?

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/11/21 at 3:04 am

The 1990s were so long ago, I now cannot remember,

Written By: CarCar on 06/12/21 at 3:45 am

From what you remember

Didn’t live it but I guess the 70s considering movies, songs and shows like “That 70s Show”, Dazed and Confused, The Brady Bunch Movie(1995) and 74-75 by the Connells came out in the 90s

Written By: BotleyCrew on 06/12/21 at 12:38 pm

I remember tye-dye and smiley faces being popular, so 60s-70s.

Written By: violet_shy on 06/14/21 at 6:17 pm

There was a lot of 60s and 70s nostalgia in the 90s. I remember it well. It was mainly the older people feeling nostalgic.

Written By: Contigo on 06/14/21 at 7:29 pm

My workplace in the 1990s had quarterly  office parties.
Once we had a 50s theme , another time was a
60s theme, and later on a 70s theme and 80s theme
During each of those nights there was lots of conversatboutsbout the decade in question , so I'd have to say
1950s-1980s nostalgia.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 06/14/21 at 8:00 pm

Nostalgia was already a thing, having been huge during the 80s.  (I was a frequent listener to "oldies" radio then, as we had a really good station in Chicagoland.)  1970s nostalgia increased during the 90s over what had been before - one or two local radio stations flipped their formats to become "all 1970s" (for a little while) which I loved.  1960s nostalgia stuck around too - but by then the consultants had gotten to the major oldies radio stations and shrunk their playlists  ::).

As I recall, 1980s nostalgia wasn't a big thing yet in the 90s, as it was too recent.  Although people were already anticipating its coming by the late 1990s.

Written By: Contigo on 06/14/21 at 8:04 pm

Nostalgia was already a thing, having been huge during the 80s.  (I was a frequent listener to "oldies" radio then, as we had a really good station in Chicagoland.)  1970s nostalgia increased during the 90s over what had been before - one or two local radio stations flipped their formats to become "all 1970s" (for a little while) which I loved.  1960s nostalgia stuck around too - but by then the consultants had gotten to the major oldies radio stations and shrunk their playlists  ::).

As I recall, 1980s nostalgia wasn't a big thing yet in the 90s, as it was too recent.  Although people were already anticipating its coming by the late 1990s.

I too was listening to oldies stations in the 90s, coz no 90s music interested me at all.
Now that I think of it, out 80s nostalgia party was in the very late 1990s.

Written By: violet_shy on 06/15/21 at 8:57 pm

There wasn't too much of 80s nostalgia. There was more of a backlash. I remember that too and all of my classmates didn't like the 80s. I didn't either back then. Then it grew on me as I got older and even I became nostalgic for the 1980s!

Written By: AmericanGirl on 06/15/21 at 10:04 pm

There wasn't too much of 80s nostalgia. There was more of a backlash. I remember that too and all of my classmates didn't like the 80s. I didn't either back then. Then it grew on me as I got older and even I became nostalgic for the 1980s!

O0 I like hearing your perspective as a schoolkid then (I was an adult)

Check for new replies or respond here...