inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Gin Blossoms

Written By: violet_shy on 06/14/21 at 6:32 pm

Did anyone like them?

I liked them from 1993 to 1995. After 1995 I don't remember them having any big hit songs. 1996 was a strange year, and it didn't include them from what I remember.

My favorite songs by Gin Blossoms were "Found out about you" and "Until I fall away".

This brings back memories!
1qB6XdAkkAo

Subject: Re: Gin Blossoms

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/14/21 at 6:50 pm

“Follow You Down’ was a big hit for them in ‘96.

HfFgp0po0OU

Written By: nally on 06/14/21 at 11:21 pm

Did anyone like them?

I liked them from 1993 to 1995. After 1995 I don't remember them having any big hit songs. 1996 was a strange year, and it didn't include them from what I remember.

My favorite songs by Gin Blossoms were "Found out about you" and "Until I fall away".

This brings back memories!

Nice to see you back again, my good friend!! :) And those are good song choices. I remember 'em both from '94; at the time I was listening to top40 radio stations on a regular basis.

Yeah, they didn't really stick around too much longer after "Follow You Down" (which was a hit in early-mid '96).

Of course, their first big hit was "Hey Jealousy" in 1993; that one still gets a generous share of radio airplay.

In late 1995 they had "Til I Hear It From You" on the soundtrack of Empire Records.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/15/21 at 3:20 am

I have just about heard of them, they only had 4 hits in the UK, I had to look up on info of them.

Written By: violet_shy on 06/15/21 at 9:00 am

“Follow You Down’ was a big hit for them in ‘96.

HfFgp0po0OU

That was from very early 1996. I remember it wasn't played much on our radio station. Not as much as their previous hit songs.

Written By: wagonman76 on 06/15/21 at 5:03 pm

I liked them. Bass and drums were really tight together. They were heavily played here, including Follow You Down. Alison Road was another one I heard a lot.

Written By: nally on 06/16/21 at 12:20 am

Alison Road was another one I heard a lot.

Yep, that was a minor hit for them in late 1994; didn't get as much radio airplay as their other hits (at least in my neck-of-the-woods). But I do remember it.

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/20/21 at 5:43 pm

That was from very early 1996. I remember it wasn't played much on our radio station. Not as much as their previous hit songs.

They played the cr@p out of “Follow You Down” in South Bend that year.

Written By: whistledog on 06/22/21 at 12:45 am

They were really popular here in Canada and I remember hearing their songs on the radio all the time.  Until I Fall Away is my favourite!
They also made news early on in their career as their guitarist Doug Hopkins (who wrote the hits Hey Jealousy and Found Out About You) committed suicide shortly after they received a gold record for the former song

Written By: SpaceHog on 07/23/21 at 10:28 am

Loved the Gin Blossoms. 'Til I Hear it From You is my favorite song from them. That song was widely popular here in southern New England in October, 1995.

Check for new replies or respond here...