inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Nintendo VIRTUAL BOY - Flop of the 90s

Written By: Starro23 on 04/10/22 at 8:41 pm

LMAO I remember when this thing came it had hype for maybe 3 weeks and then all of a sudden the media started turning on it due
to it just being dumb and causing headaches, then before you know it it was 30 bucks slashed price at Toys R Us LMAO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYkpbMTt_Xc&feature=emb_title&ab_channel=RPGsForRaccoons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17euo2DzBZI&feature=emb_title&ab_channel=RPGsForRaccoons

Subject: Re: Nintendo VIRTUAL BOY - Flop of the 90s

Written By: whistledog on 04/10/22 at 9:02 pm

It had a total of 22 released games.  There are people out there who collect for it because it's probably the easiest system to get a complete collection for.  I remember seeing one about 15 years ago at a Value Village thrift store for $15.  I am kicking myself for not buying it lol

Written By: Starro23 on 04/10/22 at 9:31 pm

It had a total of 22 released games.  There are people out there who collect for it because it's probably the easiest system to get a complete collection for.  I remember seeing one about 15 years ago at a Value Village thrift store for $15.  I am kicking myself for not buying it lol

I remember seeing one at a friends house

Written By: Elor on 04/11/22 at 1:13 pm

Didn't even know those existed. :o

Written By: whistledog on 04/17/22 at 4:26 pm

The big problem with the Virtual Boy was that everything was black and red.  There was a space shooter (the name escapes me) and it's super difficult because the bullets are red, and they blend in so much with the red background, they are sometimes hard to see, therefore makes it easy to lose lives.  If they'd just had one more colour lol

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/09/22 at 6:07 am

Didn't even know those existed. :o
Ditto!

I do not recall anyone in my family having or played on.

Check for new replies or respond here...