inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 1999 in Video Games - THRILL RIDE 🎮 🎮

Written By: Starro23 on 05/19/22 at 5:04 am

1999 in Video Games - THRILL RIDE 🎮 🎮

Literally a thrill ride. Much of this is attributed to Sega's last system the DREAMCAST. Those 9.9.99 ads were everywhere ! The system felt futuristic. We were playing a 6th generation system in 1999 ! Who can forget going to Blockbuster video and printing out Pokemon snap stickers ! ?  The only low for this year video game wise was Donkey Kong Country 4 ( AKA Donkey Kong 64) which was a collect a thon snooze fest and failed to live up to it's predecessors.

https://i.ibb.co/0DBsjwk/HAHAHAHAHAHA.png

https://i.ibb.co/x60FyqB/LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.png

Subject: Re: 1999 in Video Games - THRILL RIDE 🎮 🎮

Written By: whistledog on 05/20/22 at 5:00 am

I wasn't a gamer at that time.  After the Sega Genesis, consoles just started coming out too quickly and by the time I was able to afford the latest one, the next one was out, so I gave up.  I've since gone back and within the last decade, I had a Sega Dreamcast and all 6 of those games pictured (I recently sold them because I never played them anymore) and I really enjoyed them.  I am a BIG Dead or Alive fan, and it kind of hurt to sell that one because it was a Dreamcast exclusive (they did port a hardcore version for the PS2 and a remake for OG Xbox) and now the only DOA console released game I don't own

Written By: Howard on 05/20/22 at 1:32 pm

I wasn't a gamer at that time.  After the Sega Genesis, consoles just started coming out too quickly and by the time I was able to afford the latest one, the next one was out, so I gave up.  I've since gone back and within the last decade, I had a Sega Dreamcast and all 6 of those games pictured (I recently sold them because I never played them anymore) and I really enjoyed them.  I am a BIG Dead or Alive fan, and it kind of hurt to sell that one because it was a Dreamcast exclusive (they did port a hardcore version for the PS2 and a remake for OG Xbox) and now the only DOA console released game I don't own

Me neither, I didn't own a console till many years later and that was The PS2 and then came the PS3.

Written By: batfan2005 on 05/26/22 at 10:33 am

The only low for this year video game wise was Donkey Kong Country 4 ( AKA Donkey Kong 64) which was a collect a thon snooze fest and failed to live up to it's predecessors.

I actually enjoyed DK64. It was one of my favorite games for the N64 along with Super Mario 64, 007: Goldeneye, and Zelda: OoT.

Check for new replies or respond here...