inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Backstreet Boys

Written By: Slim95 on 07/09/22 at 6:18 pm

No man wanted to admit it back then, but enough time has passed where it's safe to say that these guys were very talented.

Subject: Re: The Backstreet Boys

Written By: whistledog on 07/09/22 at 9:03 pm

I want to see a hillbilly cover band called The Backwoods Boys.  A jug and washboard version of As Long As You Love Me would be gold.  People in the crowd would shout "That one dude plays a mean comb and wax paper"!

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 07/09/22 at 9:26 pm

I want to see a hillbilly cover band called The Backwoods Boys.  A jug and washboard version of As Long As You Love Me would be gold.  People in the crowd would shout "That one dude plays a mean comb and wax paper"!

;D  ;D  ;D

Written By: Howard on 07/10/22 at 3:30 am

Now that would be quite interesting.  ;D

Written By: BotleyCrew on 07/16/22 at 6:03 pm

The Backstreet Boys always seemed old fashioned, like they were a earlier R&B boy band that kept having hits into the late 90s. Even their name sounds like it.
*NSYNC felt like a more turn-of-the-millenium, overpolished, super synth-heavy pop band.

Written By: yelimsexa on 07/17/22 at 9:50 am

Not surprising since New Kids on the Block have toured with the Backstreet Boys. Both never created a solo star on the magnitude of Justin Timberlake as well.

Written By: 80sfan on 08/28/22 at 5:48 pm

They sold so many records!  :D  :D  :D

Written By: 80sfan on 08/28/22 at 7:28 pm

The Backstreet Boys' third album was one of the few teen singers where their third album wasn't a disappointment in sales.

Their third album, Black and Blue, has sold like 5.4 million copies alone in the United States. This is not bad for an album that is a third album, a third album that was released a year after their second album.

Weird, because some other albums by the teen pop genre were considered, at the very least, disappointments.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 10/08/22 at 9:56 pm

What do you mean "were" talented.  They still are talented.  They've been at it for almost 30 years.  They lasted a lot longer than NSYNC did.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/09/22 at 10:51 am

What do you mean "were" talented.  They still are talented.  They've been at it for almost 30 years.  They lasted a lot longer than NSYNC did.
... and currently on a world tour, they must still be popular.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 10/09/22 at 3:32 pm

... and currently, on a world tour, they must still be popular.

Yeah, so what's this "were" stuff?  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: 90skid93 on 10/23/22 at 7:20 pm

They were the best way better than a lot of the music released today.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 10/25/22 at 12:32 am

I've loved them since I was 20 and now I'm 46.  Boy bands have no age limits.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: Howard on 10/25/22 at 3:12 am

I've loved them since I was 20 and now I'm 46.  Boy bands have no age limits.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

But sometimes its gets to a point where boy bands in their older age don't tour as much.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/25/22 at 12:35 pm

...what were the ages of the Rat Pack?

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 10/25/22 at 3:37 pm

But sometimes its gets to a point where boy bands in their older age don't tour as much.

They're not THAT old! They range in age from 42-51.
New Kids On The Block range in age from 49-53.
NSYNC range in age from 41-51.

So, I'm not quite sure how you define "older age?"? But to me, that's not it.

Philip the last standing member of the Rat Pack was Joey Bishop and he passed away at 89.  So in my eyes, that's old.

Written By: Howard on 10/25/22 at 3:44 pm

They're not THAT old! They range in age from 42-51.
New Kids On The Block range in age from 49-53.
NSYNC range in age from 41-51.

So, I'm not quite sure how you define "older age?"? But to me, that's not it.

Philip the last standing member of the Rat Pack was Joey Bishop and he passed away at 89.  So in my eyes, that's old.

Sorry I meant to word it differently, I didn't mean "older age" I meant when they get to a certain point in their life where they don't want to tour that much.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 10/25/22 at 5:11 pm

Sorry I meant to word it differently, I didn't mean "older age" I meant when they get to a certain point in their life where they don't want to tour that much.

Oh, okay.  Got it!

Check for new replies or respond here...