inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: In Living Color Fox TV 1990-1995

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 01/01/23 at 1:28 am

NXNM0dTzHOE

This show launched many careers including those of:

Jim Carrey
Jamie Foxx
The Wayans Siblings Kenan, Damon, Kim, Shawn, and Marlon
Heavy D and The Boyz as well.

I mean I looked forward to watching this show every Sunday night.  But then Anne-Marie Johnson joined the cast and the show became a complete waste of film and not worth watching in the end.

In Living Color Theme Song

You can do what you want to do
In Living Color (In Living Color)

You can walk on the moon and float like a balloon
you see it's never too late and it's never too soon
Take it from me it's ight' to be (In Living Color)
And how would you feel knowing prejudice was obsolete
and all mankind danced to the exact beat
and at night it was safe to walk down the street (In Living Color)

Everybody here is equally kind (In Living Color)
What's mine is yours and what's yours is mine (In Living Color)
And how would you feel knowing everybody was your friend
from thin to thick and through thick and thin
and egotistical trips was put to an end (In Living Color)

You can walk on the moon and float like a balloon
you see it's never too late and it's never too soon
take it from me it's ight' to be (In Living Color)
And how would you feel knowing prejudice was obsolete
and all mankind danced to the exact beat
and at night it was safe to walk down the street (In Living Color)

In Living Color

Subject: Re: In Living Color Fox TV 1990-1995

Written By: batfan2005 on 01/01/23 at 9:07 am

NXNM0dTzHOE

This show launched many careers including those of:

Jim Carrey
Jamie Foxx
The Wayans Siblings Kenan, Damon, Kim, Shawn, and Marlon
Heavy D and The Boyz as well.

And also J-Lo, she was one of the Fly Girls. I used to love that show. It's too bad it's not available for streaming but many individual sketches are available on YouTube. This is one of my favorite (this would be "cancelled" in today's culture):

B4ojGuA33X4

And here's a moment during usually a performance by the aforementioned Fly Girls between a sketch and a commercial break, but instead Jim Carrey performed a parody of the Vanilla Ice song:

0A7tLVIsuNw

Written By: Howard on 01/01/23 at 3:57 pm

And also J-Lo, she was one of the Fly Girls. I used to love that show. It's too bad it's not available for streaming but many individual sketches are available on YouTube. This is one of my favorite (this would be "cancelled" in today's culture):

B4ojGuA33X4

And here's a moment during usually a performance by the aforementioned Fly Girls between a sketch and a commercial break, but instead Jim Carrey performed a parody of the Vanilla Ice song:

0A7tLVIsuNw

I thought Wanda who was played by Jamie Foxx was pretty funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjMu4oKUaO4

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/01/23 at 4:39 pm

There was a time when I didn't have t.v. First I was overseas and when I moved back to the states, I lived on a mountain where I had 1/2 a channel. I had a friend who was kind enough to record The Simpsons for me. But, she also recorded In Living Color which I never heard of before. I fell in love with it. When I finally got t.v. again, I didn't need her to record the shows for me. I THINK I may still have the tapes somewhere or maybe I got rid of them.

Cat

Written By: nally on 01/01/23 at 4:55 pm

I had not realised that he played a lady. Interesting. But then again, I never watched that show too frequently.

There was a time when I didn't have t.v. First I was overseas and when I moved back to the states, I lived on a mountain where I had 1/2 a channel. I had a friend who was kind enough to record The Simpsons for me. But, she also recorded In Living Color which I never heard of before. I fell in love with it. When I finally got t.v. again, I didn't need her to record the shows for me. I THINK I may still have the tapes somewhere or maybe I got rid of them.

Cat

Similarly, during that time (in fact, all of my childhood) I lived in an area where it was hard to pick up good reception on certain tv channels. We didn't subscribe to cable, so we were stuck with the analog tv. And we usually had to position a "rabbit-ears" device in such a way to get the best reception (picture/sound) on each channel. And the reception on our FOX affiliate channel was usually anything but crystal-clear.

Written By: batfan2005 on 01/01/23 at 7:16 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjMu4oKUaO4

Also Fire Marshall Bill played by Jim Carrey and Homey D. Clown played by Damon Wayans.

Written By: nally on 01/01/23 at 7:29 pm

Also Fire Marshall Bill played by Jim Carrey and Homey D. Clown played by Damon Wayans.

I remember Homey. His catchphrase was “Homey don’t play dat!” :D

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 01/01/23 at 7:35 pm

And also J-Lo, she was one of the Fly Girls. I used to love that show. It's too bad it's not available for streaming but many individual sketches are available on YouTube. This is one of my favorites (this would be "cancelled" in today's culture):

B4ojGuA33X4

0A7tLVIsuNw

There were a lot of people who thought that there was a rift going on between Keenen Ivory Wayans and Damon Wayans but the rift was going on between Keenen and the network because there was heavy censorship going on after the second season, which Keenen didn't like, and so he left along with his two younger brothers Shawn and Marlon. 
Damon and Kim didn't like it either and he wanted to leave with his brothers but the network wouldn't let him leave because he and his sister were still under contract to the network.  After their contracts ran out they both left along with their brothers.
There wasn't any sort of professional "jealousy" between Keenen Ivory Wayans and Damon Wayans because 1 brother worked in front of the camera and the other brother worked behind the camera.  So, what reason could Keenen have to be jealous of his little brother Damon?

I always thought that the Hey Mon! Sketches were funny.
V6wtj04dJ_g

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 01/02/23 at 12:25 am

47jRv_uCxVU

Would anybody care to explain how or why Anne-Marie Johnson was put on the show when she doesn't have a funny bone in her body? I'm dead serious.  AMJ just wasn't funny in any capacity.

Written By: Howard on 01/02/23 at 3:07 am

I remember Homey. His catchphrase was “Homey don’t play dat!” :D

https://media3.giphy.com/media/93qjwCxemDVFCGI4nx/giphy.gif

Check for new replies or respond here...