» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: 747 Flight Simulator in the bedroom

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/19/07 at 5:19 am

From Metro

A typical day sees John Davis flying a 'Jumbo Jet' over green fields and mountains – but he does not need to leave home to do it.

What started as a small project has turned into a hobby of mighty proportions – after the flying nut built a Boeing 747-400 simulator in his spare bedroom.

He has spent eight years and £15,000 building the life-size replica out of wood and bought most of the fittings off the Internet including an auto-pilot system, throttles and a weather radar.

The 47-year-old , who lives in Coventry, has now quit his job as a graphic artist to run a flight simulation business.

'I've always wanted to be an airplane pilot but I was never any good at maths. So this is the next best thing,' he added.

Subject: Re: 747 Flight Simulator in the bedroom

Written By: Tia on 10/19/07 at 5:23 am

that's kick ass! my dad built me a shuttle cockpit simulation out of cardboard once when i was a kid, but it wasn't nearly as involved as that.

Subject: Re: 747 Flight Simulator in the bedroom

Written By: Dude111 on 10/20/07 at 5:27 am

Thats awesome as anything!

Check for new replies or respond here...