» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Santa record bid attracts 13,000

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/09/07 at 11:20 am

More than 13,000 Santas have taken part in a record-breaking charity event on the walls of Londonderry.

Thousands of pounds were raised for good causes after a sea of red and white descended on the city vantage-point.

This is the first time the Guinness world record attempt has been made in Northern Ireland.

The total taking part was almost double the number seen in Las Vegas during a recent attempt on the record.

There was a carnival atmosphere in the city with live music and victorious Derry boxer John Duddy arriving in the middle of the festivities, fresh from his victory over Howard Eastman in Belfast's King's Hall on Saturday night.

A spokeswoman for the record attempt organisers said: "It was the most amazing sight you have ever seen.

"With John Duddy arriving that just added to the euphoria that we have here."

The procession of rosy-cheeked and bearded Santas took longer than an hour to walk along the walls.

Organisers had hoped for 10,000 Santas and were delighted with the final tally.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/nol/shared/spl/hi/pop_ups/07/uk_enl_1197214026/img/1.jpg

From BBC News Online

Subject: Re: Santa record bid attracts 13,000

Written By: danootaandme on 12/11/07 at 6:48 am

Can someone ask them where my "Venus Paradise Coloring Set"  is.  I asked for when for about five or six years, from the age of 5 or 6, and it never came.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/11/07 at 6:55 am

Can someone ask them where my "Venus Paradise Coloring Set"  is.  I asked for when for about five or six years, from the age of 5 or 6, and it never came.
I think you will have to join the queue.

Written By: lw81dotcom on 12/16/07 at 8:35 pm

try to find waldo in that one. haha.

Check for new replies or respond here...