» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Man's four days trapped in toilet

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/10/07 at 1:18 pm

From BBC News Online

A  man spent four days trapped in a toilet after the door handle broke.

David Leggat, 55, was unable to raise the alarm after becoming stuck in the toilets at Kittybrewster and Woodside Bowling Club in Aberdeen.

Mr Leggat had no mobile phone or food, and used tap water for refreshment and for heat.

He was only released when cleaner Cathy Scollay arrived and heard his cries for help. She told BBC Scotland: "He said 'I have been locked in for four days'."

Mrs Scollay added: "I went in to work as normal and a voice shouted out. I could not take it in.

"The handle had broken. He was a bit shaky, and was as white as a sheet."

Mr Leggat was said to be none the worse, despite his ordeal.

Subject: Re: Man's four days trapped in toilet

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 12/10/07 at 4:31 pm

"At least there was a toilet to use. The only thing I regret is not getting trapped behind the bar." ::)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,,2225312,00.html

Written By: ladybug316 on 12/10/07 at 8:31 pm

Too bad he didn't bring something to read!

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 12/10/07 at 9:54 pm

That sounds like a job for Mr. Eno.  ;D ;D ;D

"Relax! I'm a plumber! Everything is under control..."

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/11/07 at 3:59 am

Too bad he didn't bring something to read!
He had plenty of paper to write on.

Written By: danootaandme on 12/11/07 at 6:45 am

No missing persons put out for him?

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/11/07 at 6:46 am

No missing persons put out for him?
He could not fit a canoe into the cubicle.

Written By: danootaandme on 12/11/07 at 6:59 am

He could not fit a canoe into the cubicle.

;D  LOL

Written By: lorac61469 on 12/15/07 at 9:55 am

I guess it could be worse...

Va. Man Trapped 3 Days In Outhouse -- IVANHOE, Va. (AP) 8/21/2000
      For three days, Coolidge Winesett sat mired in the five-foot hole of a partially collapsed outhouse, alternately yelling for help and trying to cope with the stench.
      ``I tell you what, it was hard to get one breath down there,'' Winesett, 75, said Wednesday, a day after being rescued by a mail carrier who noticed that Winesett's deliveries were still in the box and went looking for him.
      Jimmy Jackson, the mail carrier, found no sign of Winesett at his house or car. But Jackson spotted Winesett's crutch propped beside the outhouse. ``The closer I got, I heard a faint sound like somebody trying to holler,'' Jackson said. Winesett, who is partially paralyzed from a stroke and lives alone, fell Saturday when the outhouse floor and part of a wall gave way. ``Down it went and took me with it,'' he said. ``I thought it was an earthquake. Then I realized where I was at. ... I done a lot of hollering, but nobody couldn't hear me.''
      The collapsed floor save Winesett from being dunked in the deepest sludge, but he suffered splinter scratches. He was hospitalized for dehydration and infection from the scratches.

Check for new replies or respond here...