» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Pigeon falls in love with man

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/21/07 at 4:41 am

The Sun Newspaper

ANDY Maw ruffled his wife’s feathers by moving a young bird in at home — a pigeon who fell in LOVE with him.

Chartered accountant Andy, 42, took pity on the bedraggled bird when it turned up on his doorstep after a storm.

But now Pokey the pigeon can’t leave Andy alone.

The dad of four revealed how she: ATTACKS wife Trude if she goes near him; sits on Andy’s car DASHBOARD for drives; uses the family TOILET if it needs to go indoors; settles on Andy’s knee when he takes a BATH and STALKS him if he tries to spend time alone.

Andy, of Maidenhead, Berks, said: “It sounds crazy but she’s fallen head over heels for me.

“When Pokey is on her mating cycle and lays her eggs on her little bed in the bathroom, she sits on them for three weeks.

“But when that part of the cycle is over and she wants a mate she comes after me and sexually harasses me.

“She will fly over for me to caress her beak, peck my fingers and strut about puffing up her chest to deter females. If Trude comes near me she will fly at her head and peck her. She is overcome with jealousy.”

Trude said: “I would be happy to see her in a pigeon pie.”

Pigeon expert Prof Danial Haag-Wackernagel, of the University of Basel in Switzerland, said: “Pokey is ‘imprinted’ to Andy as a mate.

“The nest defence directed to his wife is a normal behaviour against intruders.”

Subject: Re: Pigeon falls in love with man

Written By: thereshegoes on 12/21/07 at 6:57 am

Ugh,i can't stand pigeons,dirty,demonic and now perverted creatures 8-P

I wouldn't mind a dove falling in love with me though,doves are cool!

Written By: wildcard on 12/21/07 at 1:07 pm

^ Are doves cleaner then pigeons?  I guess I'd have to ask the birds.

weird

Written By: thereshegoes on 12/21/07 at 7:02 pm

^ Are doves cleaner then pigeons?  I guess I'd have to ask the birds.

weird

Who knows? But they represent peace so i would say..yes! Doves over pigeons everytime,imo.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/22/07 at 7:06 am

Ugh,i can't stand pigeons,dirty,demonic and now perverted creatures 8-P

I wouldn't mind a dove falling in love with me though,doves are cool!
Coo!

Written By: Tia on 12/22/07 at 7:09 am

http://www.nuvo.net/archive/images/02.09.05/cov_pigeon.jpg

Written By: thereshegoes on 12/22/07 at 7:15 am

http://www.nuvo.net/archive/images/02.09.05/cov_pigeon.jpg

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 8-P 8-P 8-P

Written By: Tia on 12/22/07 at 7:16 am

i like the woman in the background looking on like, 'omg, this dude is friggin' nutters.'

Check for new replies or respond here...