» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Ebay Bans Sellers From Leaving Negative Feedback!

Written By: Gis on 02/05/08 at 3:22 pm

This is about as bonkers as Ebay gets! I hope to god they back down on this!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7228460.stm

Subject: Re: Ebay Bans Sellers From Leaving Negative Feedback!

Written By: ladybug316 on 02/05/08 at 3:36 pm

Ridiculous!  I'm sure there are just as many hard-to-please customers as there are bad sellers.  I can't see how this will help the process at all.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/05/08 at 4:07 pm

The only time we left negative feedback on a buy is when they didn't pay.

Cat

Written By: Jessica on 02/05/08 at 5:10 pm

That's really lame. So how are we supposed to know whether or not the person is a douchebag seller now? It's not like anyone is going to have the time to contact eBay for every transaction to make sure they aren't going to get shafted. Same goes for the sellers' rights.

Stupid.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/05/08 at 5:34 pm

I just sent eBay an email. Hopefully, more people will (HINT, HINT!!!)

Cat

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/05/08 at 11:50 pm

Ebay sucks more and more lately. I haven't sold on there in a long time. They always piss me off for some reason or another. >:(

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/06/08 at 1:16 am

The retaliatory feedback is obvious in some cases, but the seller should still have the right to post negative feedback about a bad buyer. I just made an Ebay purchase last night for a couple of cell phone batteries. It went smooth, email was sent to me stating my package was being shipped out today. My feedback for seller will be positive.  now what if I stop payment or my credit card is no good &  I make no other arrangement with seller to make a payment, they should have the right to give me negative feedback for that particular transaction. But if the transaction went smooth on both ends, except maybe i thought shipping was a little too slow and I gave negative feedback and then the seller gave me negative feedback in return, then that's not right so i can somewhat understand the reasoning.

Written By: Gis on 02/06/08 at 2:25 am

I have been on Ebay for many years now. I have had 4 negative feedbacks in that time 2 as a buyer and 2 as a seller. The two as a buyer were both retaliation for negative I left. My 2 as a seller where from one person who just left everyone they bought off negative for no good reason no doubt because they thought it was funny and the other was because the buyer hadn't read the description and thought something should have been brand new when it was clearly lsted as used! I have used the mutual withdrawl system too but of course you both have to agree on that!
I can't tell you how many bids I have cancelled though due to a buyers poor feedback or the amount of negative I have had to leave for people who don't pay.I see it as a warning for other sellers. There were alot of comments on the BBC website to that story and I agree with the majority if a system is fair then both sides should have the right to complain. They should get off their fat arses and look after the site better!   

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 02/06/08 at 2:39 am

I believe this will only give more headaches to people who are just ordinary buyers. I mean, it's fair to say that if someone displeased you that you should be able to leave a comment forewarning customers. And, usually, if you look through these comments you can usually see what are reasonable negatives and what aren't. I've always used it as a marker for who I'm buying from. I rarely buy from someone who's less than 99% positive. It's just about having a reputation. People would do this on the streets if it were like a flea market setting. They'd say, "Don't go to that guy, he'll rip you off." It's just how us humans work.  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/06/08 at 1:32 pm

Has anyone else emailed eBay?

Cat

Written By: Gis on 02/06/08 at 3:19 pm

I did check the messageboards. The thread concerning this was on 72 pages already!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/06/08 at 5:34 pm

I figure if more and more people complain, they are likely to change their minds-I hope. That is why I suggest people email them.

Cat

Written By: coqueta83 on 02/06/08 at 9:47 pm

I think that's terrible news.  :( Sellers have every right to leave legitimate negative feedback if the buyer doesn't hold up his/her end of the deal.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/08/08 at 1:03 pm

There is going to be a boycott of eBay from Feb. 18-25. They are hoping that sellers will not list during that week and buyers won't buy. This isn't just because of the fact that sellers can't leave negative feedback-it also has to do with the new fees. When everyone got that nice little letter from eBay saying that they are lowing their insertion fees and it there won't be any charge for the gallery pic, what they neglected to say was that they were raising the final value fees-meaning it is going to be a higher % of closing bid will be charged.

BOYCOTT EBAY FEBRUARY 18-25!!!!!!

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...