» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Assault rap for rough handshake

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/10/08 at 6:40 am

Full Report on BBC News Online

A Florida lawyer has been charged with assault for over-vigorously shaking the hand of a fellow attorney.

Kathy Brewer Rentas, 49, shook the hand of Assistant US Attorney Jennifer Keene so hard her arm was nearly ripped out of its socket, a court official said.

Moments before, Ms Keene successfully prosecuted Ms Brewer Rentas' husband.

Anthony Rentas was accused of violating the terms of a probation order for supplying cocaine, and sentenced to 90 days of house arrest.

After the hearing in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Mrs Brewer Rentas insisted on shaking the prosecuting lawyer's hand.

In shaking it, she nearly floored Ms Keene with the vigour of her hand-action.

Subject: Re: Assault rap for rough handshake

Written By: Red Ant on 02/12/08 at 1:04 am

I'm not sure what to make of that. A lawyer suing a lawyer over a rough handshake. I'm sure this story will spawn at least a few lawyer jokes.

Ant

Subject: Re: Assault rap for rough handshake

Written By: Gis on 02/12/08 at 7:59 am

I'm not sure what to make of that. A lawyer suing a lawyer over a rough handshake. I'm sure this story will spawn at least a few lawyer jokes.

Ant
Apparently when she took hold of the other woman's hand she then yanked it forward whilst stepping back at the same time, then pushed it down which caused her to loose her balance and then fall to the floor. Not exactly a 'hand shake' !

Check for new replies or respond here...