» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Underwater Convertible Car

Written By: Red Ant on 02/15/08 at 8:50 pm

Yes, there exists a working concept car that goes underwater like a submarine!

AOL article.

Neat, but nearly useless. In the realm of weird concept cars, I'd much be in a Renault Espace F1, the
800HP minivan: the coolest minivan that will ever exist.

Ant

Subject: Re: Underwater Convertible Car

Written By: gumbypiz on 02/16/08 at 2:48 am

Yes, there exists a working concept car that goes underwater like a submarine!

AOL article.

Neat, but nearly useless. In the realm of weird concept cars, I'd much be in a Renault Espace F1, the
800HP minivan: the coolest minivan that will ever exist.

Ant

I stumbled across this too, wondering what kind of $$ is really going to be needed to pull that off. But nice concept, as if Lotus hasn't got their hands full as it is!

As for the Espace F1, yep been around for a few years now. Actually, any video game nut that has played Gran Turismo on the Playstation the last few years was able to win the 800hp minivan to race. Lot of fun, with a 9000 rpm redline! Can't imagine what soccer mom needs to get the kids to practice THAT fast. Still a great idea, would make the daily routine of dropping/picking up the kids a bit more interesting!  :D

Written By: Red Ant on 02/24/08 at 3:54 pm

I stumbled across this too, wondering what kind of $$ is really going to be needed to pull that off. But nice concept, as if Lotus hasn't got their hands full as it is!

As for the Espace F1, yep been around for a few years now. Actually, any video game nut that has played Gran Turismo on the Playstation the last few years was able to win the 800hp minivan to race. Lot of fun, with a 9000 rpm redline! Can't imagine what soccer mom needs to get the kids to practice THAT fast. Still a great idea, would make the daily routine of dropping/picking up the kids a bit more interesting!  :D

I played with it on GT2: You can buy it in that game for 2 million. I've seen a video clip on YouTube of a guy racing that minivan at Laguna Seca in the GT500 series - he gave the field a 15 second head start and still won. I think its redline is more like 15 or 16000 rpm - as far as I know, it's the only "stock" vehicle in the game with a 5 digit redline.

Ant

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/25/08 at 10:38 pm

Write your own Teddy Kennedy joke here:

:-\\

Check for new replies or respond here...