» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Safe text

Written By: karen on 03/05/08 at 10:11 pm

Brick Lane in London has been declared a 'safe text' zone after padding was wrapped around lamp posts and other street furniture.  Apparently there were about 68,000 accidents involving walking and texting in London last year.  It is hoped that other streets will get a similar treatment if this trial is successful.

link to full article

Subject: Re: Safe text

Written By: KKay on 03/06/08 at 7:44 am

That's funny!

i'm one of those people...maybe i should try this at home. ;)

Written By: gumbypiz on 03/06/08 at 4:38 pm

Apparently texting and walking into things is more common than we think.

Check this out:
Lonodn street has record cell phone texting injuries

Amazing, if I didn't know better I'd SWEAR this was a Monty Python skit.

Have we gotten so distracted by our electronic devices that we can't see where we're walking?  ::)

Written By: Red Ant on 03/10/08 at 4:36 pm

I so want to set up a video camera in a major city and watch people walk into lampposts now.

Apparently texting and walking into things is more common than we think.

Check this out:
Lonodn street has record cell phone texting injuries

Amazing, if I didn't know better I'd SWEAR this was a Monty Python skit.

Have we gotten so distracted by our electronic devices that we can't see where we're walking?  ::)

I bet a few well placed spikes on those lampposts would cut down the number of "walk-and-text" accidents in a hurry. Padding is just encouraging people to be less careful, not more so.

Ant

Written By: wildcard on 03/10/08 at 6:25 pm

I bet a few well placed spikes on those lampposts would cut down the number of "walk-and-text" accidents in a hurry. Padding is just encouraging people to be less careful, not more so.

Ant

exactly

I'm getting a thought ... Childprof baby room with careless textphone users.

Check for new replies or respond here...