» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Mommy, What's That Whistling Sound? Part 2...Idiot Pilots In The Military

Written By: malibumike65 on 03/15/08 at 12:05 am

Alright, Who Gave This Dingledorf A Pilots License? The military really needs to stop recruiting Jethro Bodine wannabes. One in the White House is enough.  ::)

www.koco.com/news/15595342/detail.html

Subject: Re: Mommy, What's That Whistling Sound?

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/18/08 at 11:37 am

He didn't know the bomb was gone until he got back to the base.  I thought the military set up precautions against stupid people and accidental bombings of suburbs.  Those military exercises are becoming a bit of a hazard to civilians aren't they?

Written By: Davester on 03/18/08 at 11:38 am

I worked with these...a little...

It's a BDU-33 (I think), a practice bomb, the blue color meaning that it's inert.  It can  have a small signal charge in it, though.  Not enough to take out a neighborhood block, but enough to ruin a person's golf...

Written By: Shacks Train on 08/20/08 at 9:13 pm

There was a hydrogen bomb dropped once by a B52....
It went through some guys greenhouse!
The USAF was quick to point out the bomb wouldn't go off unless armed!

Sure they got smart bombs , but what about the pilots?

Written By: malibumike65 on 10/17/08 at 1:10 am

I don't know what kind of meds the military gives its pilots, but they either need to up the dose or cut it because something just ain't right!!!
How does this happen repeatedly?  :-\\

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2008/10/16/dummy.bomb.truck.kvbc

Check for new replies or respond here...