» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Eggs-tra care at playtime

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/18/08 at 2:14 pm

Children at a Chinese junior school have each been given a pet egg - to encourage them to play less boisterously.

Pupils at Jinkangyuan elementary school in Kunming city have been told to keep their eggs with them at all times.

Teachers came up with the idea because too many youngsters were getting hurt through playing rough games at playtime.

"Out of concern for the safety of students we came up with the idea of letting them raise eggs," a school spokesman told Life News Daily.

Each pupil has to write down the date he or she started keeping the egg with the one keeping it the longest without breaking it being named the 'Egg Star'.

"We've also set up inspection teams to make sure they have the eggs on them all the time. And each class has to count the eggs at least once a day," added the spokesman.

"Now the children are more careful all the time. There's no chasing, no fighting, no jumping, no dashing. Even when they're walking up the stairs they're careful."

Subject: Re: Eggs-tra care at playtime

Written By: ladybug316 on 04/18/08 at 2:44 pm

We did this in junior year of high school and the egg was our "baby".  We had to keep a journal and all that nonsense.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/18/08 at 2:45 pm

We did this in junior year of high school and the egg was our "baby".  We had to keep a journal and all that nonsense.
How many eggs ended up broken in your class?

Written By: Red Ant on 04/18/08 at 8:17 pm

I'm so glad I never had to do that in school. Knowing me, I would have carried the egg around for one day then returned it to the teacher... after showing her I carry contraceptives. Bet I still would have got a passing grade, lol.

Ant

Written By: ladybug316 on 04/18/08 at 9:08 pm

How many eggs ended up broken in your class?

3.  One of my best friends totally forgot the damn thing was in his bag and was swinging it around.  He obviously murdered the thing, but swore to the teacher it was a suicide.  I was the happy mother of twins.  They survived well past their expiration date, when I poked holes in the tops and bottoms and blew out all the insides.  They lasted in my memory box for a while, but the last time I opened it, there were shells all over!

Written By: Shacks Train on 05/15/08 at 3:50 am

I Broke Mine Open Right Away!

Check for new replies or respond here...