» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Simpsons miss a line when singing Oh Canada, no one notices

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/30/08 at 1:14 pm

I saw an interview with you and Tim Long where you guys mentioned that the Americans were writing most of the Canada jokes on the show. Any cracks on Canada you need to set straight?

We once had an episode where a bunch of characters sang “Oh, Canada” (the national anthem), and I noticed that they skipped a line in the song when they sang. I pointed it out to my boss, and he said no one would notice. I was of course indignant until the episode aired in Canada and the US and indeed, no one did notice. Therefore, I’ve given up and just try every day not to be teased too much by the American bullies I work with.

Simpsons Article

Subject: Re: Simpsons miss a line when singing Oh Canada, no one notices

Written By: Shacks Train on 06/25/08 at 10:38 pm

Joke all they want there is a big differance about "True Freedom"...
Knowing you are & having to be constantly "TOLD"
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
True North Strong & Free!!!

Check for new replies or respond here...