» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Apartment pictures that would send Felix Unger into cardiac arrest

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/20/08 at 9:35 pm

http://www.houston-imports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=486637

not even sure what is in some of these pictures...

Subject: Re: Apartment pictures that would send Felix Unger into cardiac arrest

Written By: karen on 09/20/08 at 10:00 pm

Looks like a job for Kim and Aggie!

http://www.channel4.com/4homes/on-tv/how-clean-is-your-house/

Written By: snozberries on 09/21/08 at 10:18 am

I LOVE KIM & AGGIE!!!

Man Chucky... and I was complaining about my apartment. I mean mine is bad but this makes me look like Felix and I am definitely an Oscar!  ;D

Actually now that I think about it.... that apartment might even make Oscar go into cardiac arrest I mean we know Felix has a panic attack when there is a wet ring left on a counter so no shock this would shock him but man Oscar would drag Felix into that apt and say "See, I could be worse!"  ;D

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/21/08 at 12:59 pm

I LOVE KIM & AGGIE!!!

Man Chucky... and I was complaining about my apartment. I mean mine is bad but this makes me look like Felix and I am definitely an Oscar!  ;D

Actually now that I think about it.... that apartment might even make Oscar go into cardiac arrest I mean we know Felix has a panic attack when there is a wet ring left on a counter so no shock this would shock him but man Oscar would drag Felix into that apt and say "See, I could be worse!"  ;D

yeah, this is totally Grey Gardens territory.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/21/08 at 5:53 pm

I thought I was bad.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 09/21/08 at 5:57 pm

I thought I was bad.

Cat

I hear ya sister. Mine is an organized chaos!  ;D

Written By: Brigitte on 09/22/08 at 6:06 am

8-P

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/23/08 at 11:21 am

I hear ya sister. Mine is an organized chaos!  ;D

My sister has threatened offered to come up and help me organize everything. I really don't want her to do that because I don't want her to know exactly how bad I am.  :-[

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 09/24/08 at 10:08 pm

My sister has threatened offered to come up and help me organize everything. I really don't want her to do that because I don't want her to know exactly how bad I am.  :-[

Cat

I'm trying to get  my crap together but everytime I get on  a roll I get called into work!  >:(

I've been toying with starting a thread for hoarders... a photo thread...how cluttered is your living space but I don't know if I dare post my own photos/ Although if I ever get finished it would be nice to post before and after pics.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 09/24/08 at 10:14 pm

My gosh I'm a neat freak compared to that.  Thanks Chucky I needed the moral boost.  Wonder if the health department came in there yet?  You can get away with certain thing but that place is a health hazard.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/26/08 at 7:53 pm

When I can see more debris than bedroom floor, I know it's time...until then, my friends, let the laundry and the books and the CDs fall where they may!
8)

And don't forget the stacks of unopened envelops.  I never answer mail from large organizations until I get threatened with some sort of sanction!

Actually, the UMass frat houses used to look just like that!  It was a topsy-turvy world in which the trash and refuse was spread all over the living room and the chairs and couches were out by the sidewalk in the rain!  They bulldozed the old Frat Row a few years ago but midway through the process, you could scarcely tell the difference!
:D

Written By: Dagwood on 09/26/08 at 10:00 pm

Well, I feel much better about my house now.  Heck, I feel better about my dad's house when he died it it was bad. 

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 09/27/08 at 1:32 am

My hubby and I were talking about this earlier.

Yes, it is a horrible, filthy mess, but we noticed a kind-of odd pattern in there.  Like cups from the same fast food place all in the same area, but other from another restaurant deliberatly put in another section of the living room.  The cigarette butts all balanced in a nicotene mountain.  It's sort of odd.

I'm nowhere near that state, but alot of my junk is packed in boxes which reside on every surface in my apartment.  I am compulsive in that respect.  I should just throw it all out and aim to not let it get that way ever again, but I know that unrealistic for me.  I just wish I could make the hoarder part of me go on vacation for awhile so that I can get stuff done.  ::)

Written By: danootaandme on 09/27/08 at 5:50 am

It bothers me to see news stories like this, and the ones about people with lots of cats.  The people in these homes usually have some kind of mental illness.  They need help, not a spotlight.  They are also fluff pieces that distract us from real news.

Written By: EthanM on 10/05/08 at 11:47 pm

Makes me seem neat by comparison too, and that's hard to do.  It's kind of hard to believe it's a real apartment and not the set for Sarah Cynthia Sylvia Stout: The Movie

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/06/08 at 12:56 am

Sarah Cynthia Sylvia Stout: The Movie

OMG I LOVED that book.  I didn't think anybody else would even have heard of her.  I love children's books so much!  (I should have been a children's librarian... oh wait.)

Written By: snozberries on 10/11/08 at 1:57 pm

OMG I LOVED that book.  I didn't think anybody else would even have heard of her.  I love children's books so much!   (I should have been a children's librarian... oh wait.)

I haven't heard of it...wanna check it out tho.

Written By: Dagwood on 10/11/08 at 5:31 pm

It bothers me to see news stories like this, and the ones about people with lots of cats.  The people in these homes usually have some kind of mental illness.  They need help, not a spotlight.  They are also fluff pieces that distract us from real news.

Sometimes distraction from the real news is a good thing.  There only so much bad news I can take before I just want to sit in a corner and suck my thumb. 

It's either mental illness or utter embarrassment.  My father's house was pretty bad out of sheer lazy.  The last couple of years he wouldn't let anyone in because he was embarrassed to let us see how bad it had gotten.  In his case it wasn't mental illness.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/16/08 at 7:30 pm

OMG I LOVED that book.  I didn't think anybody else would even have heard of her.  I love children's books so much!   (I should have been a children's librarian... oh wait.)

Sarah Cynthia Sylvia Stout who would not take the garbage out.  Shel Silverstein.  ;)

You also have Alice's Restaurant-they kept the garbage where all the pews used to be.  ;) :D ;D

Cat

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 10/19/08 at 9:10 pm

I'm no neat freak or anything, not by a long shot, but I have a friend who's house is actually close to being that nasty. (Well, it's not like waist deep or anything, but there's clothes and trash all over the floor everywhere in the house.) And it's weird, because before he got married he usually kept his apartment pretty clean. He got married several years back and they bought a house less than a block away from my parents' house, and I don't think they've cleaned it since they moved in there.

About the only possible explanation I can think of is that maybe a while back he and his wife got in an argument that went something like "You clean it!" "No, f*ck you! YOU clean it!" and it's been that way ever since.

I've known my friend since the 8th grade and his wife seems cool and all, but I can't stand going over there.

Check for new replies or respond here...