» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Marshmallows and beer shuts motorway

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/28/08 at 2:41 pm

Marshmallows and beer shuts motorway

Part of the M42 has reopened after a six-vehicle crash sent marshmallows and beer spilling out onto the carriageway.

The northbound stretch was closed at junction 10 near Tamworth Services in Staffordshire after six HGVs collided between junctions 12 and 13 on the A42.

Leicestershire Police said one person was hurt in the collision at about 0414 GMT, which involved some lorries that were parked in a lay-by.

The carriageway was closed for up 10 hours while the debris was removed.

The damaged lorries also had to be lifted off the road.

Police confirmed cans of beer fell onto the carriageway and one person was taken to hospital with minor injuries.

The Highways Agency said the accident occurred where the motorway ends and becomes the A42.

"It is in an area where lorries cannot overtake and also falls between the control of two police regions," he said.

Diversions were put in place at junction 10 and drivers were warned to expect long delays and use alternative routes.

Subject: Re: Marshmallows and beer shuts motorway

Written By: snozberries on 11/28/08 at 2:59 pm

aw I was hoping for pictures

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/28/08 at 3:04 pm

aw I was hoping for pictures

So was I.

Written By: gibbo on 11/28/08 at 6:16 pm

It certainly is a shocking thing.......Everypne knows marshmallows and beer don't go together! >:(

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/28/08 at 9:50 pm

It certainly is a shocking thing.......Everypne knows marshmallows and beer don't go together! >:(

Some disagree ?    http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=wUnkhaW6GK4

Written By: gibbo on 11/28/08 at 10:29 pm

Some disagree ?    http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=wUnkhaW6GK4

Yes...looks like an advert for  Corona beer.......the beer that marshmallows drink!

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/01/08 at 4:25 pm

Still no pictures online!

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/01/08 at 4:26 pm

...on a Friday night?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/02/08 at 6:45 pm

Anything goes with beer!
(And if it doesn't, keep drinking beer, and it will!)

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/14/occasion14.gif

Written By: snozberries on 12/02/08 at 9:31 pm

I once put marshmallows in beer.... it did not make the beer taste any better  8-P

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/03/08 at 11:13 am

I once put marshmallows in beer.... it did not make the beer taste any better  8-P
...but did the the marshmallow taste any better>

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/03/08 at 5:15 pm

...but did the the marshmallow taste any better>

Beermallows?  Could be your ticket to fame and fortune!

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/05/08 at 10:22 am

Beermallows?  Could be your ticket to fame and fortune!
Have you got the patent in yet?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/05/08 at 2:05 pm

Have you got the patent in yet?

The patent office said I had to demonstrate the product first.  I called my friends and invited them to an R&D party this weekend, but now they're threatening to have me committed again!
:(

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/05/08 at 2:41 pm

The patent office said I had to demonstrate the product first.  I called my friends and invited them to an R&D party this weekend, but now they're threatening to have me committed again!
:(
If not try it out on Dragon's Den?

Written By: snozberries on 12/09/08 at 12:06 am

If not try it out on Dragon's Den?

I love that show... but it took me forever to figure out it was the show that the ABC series American Inventor was based on... I thought it was a show about dragons or a british comedy set in a pub.  ;D

Written By: danootaandme on 12/09/08 at 8:07 am

Speaking of marshmallows a friend of mine told me yesterday that you can't put Marshmallow Fluff on an airplane because altitude makes it expand.  He sent his sister a jar and when it got to her it had burst out of the top and gotten over everything in the package.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/09/08 at 9:17 pm

Speaking of marshmallows a friend of mine told me yesterday that you can't put Marshmallow Fluff on an airplane because altitude makes it expand.  He sent his sister a jar and when it got to her it had burst out of the top and gotten over everything in the package.

I tried to put Marshmallow Fluff on an airplane once; got the peanut butter slathered all over the wings, but I only got half way down the fuselage with the marshmallow before airport security threatened to shoot me!
:D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/09/08 at 11:07 pm

If that stuff even slightly hardens it stuck to something for good.

Check for new replies or respond here...