» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Sci-Fi Channel to Change Name to SyFy channel? WTF?

Written By: gumbypiz on 03/17/09 at 1:01 pm

In an attempt to re brand and expand its appeal outside its known market, NBC's cable network, Sci-Fi Channel will be changing its name to SyFy Channel.  ???

Bizarre if you ask me, they've been on the air for 17 years with an established audience, strong market base and well recognized name, and now they want to change it to some silly phonetically derived moniker?

Bad/silly move if you ask me, don't fix whats not broken...but I'm assuming the reasons are more corporate marketing/greed based as mentioned by president of NBC Cable entertainment "“We couldn’t own Sci Fi; it’s a genre,”“But we can own Syfy.”  ::)

Subject: Re: Sci-Fi Channel to Change Name to SyFy channel? WTF?

Written By: Foo Bar on 03/17/09 at 10:20 pm

FAYL.

That is all.

Subject: Re: Sci-Fi Channel to Change Name to SyFy channel? WTF?

Written By: Davester on 03/18/09 at 11:50 pm

Jesus... ::)

Slightly more annoying than "Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark"...

Check for new replies or respond here...