» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Family see Jesus image in Marmite

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/28/09 at 12:02 pm

From BBC News Online

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm66/Phil_O-Sopher/1.jpg

It may not be immediately obvious to everyone, but one family are convinced they can see the face of Jesus on the lid of a jar of Marmite.

Claire Allen, 36, said she was the first to notice the image on the underside of the lid as she was putting the yeast spread on her son's toast.

Her husband Gareth, 37, said he could not believe his eyes when he saw it.

Mr Allen, of Ystrad, Rhondda, said: "The kids are still eating it, but we kept the lid."

He explained: "Claire saw it first and called her dad to come and take a photo of it.

"When I first looked at it I wasn't sure, but when I moved it away from me it started coming out. I thought yeah, she's right - that's the image of Jesus.

Mrs Allen said her 14-year-old son Jamie had also remarked on the likeness.

She told the South Wales Echo: "Straight away Jamie said 'that looks like God', and my other boys (Robbie, four, and Tomas, 11) even said they could see a face.

"People might think I'm nuts, but I like to think it's Jesus looking out for us.

"We've had a tough couple of months; my mum's been really ill and it's comforting to think that if he is there, he's watching over us."

Subject: Re: Family see Jesus image in Marmite

Written By: wildcard on 05/28/09 at 4:28 pm

Captain Hook

Written By: anabel on 05/28/09 at 5:20 pm

Finally!  I found Jesus!  Well, ok THEY found Jesus...Matthew said it's 2 lizards.  ???

Written By: wildcard on 05/28/09 at 8:13 pm

I still think it's Captain Hook.  How do we know what Jesus looked like anyway?  If you look at the eyes as the heads you can kind of get two lizards on a tree.  OMGosh  they're snakes! the devil is behind this. 

It's all in the mind.

Written By: gibbo on 05/28/09 at 8:50 pm

Jesus only appears in Vegemite in Australia!  ;)  ....and why's he lurking around in someone's pantry anyway?  >:(

Written By: loki 13 on 05/28/09 at 9:07 pm

I guess everyone sees something different, to me it looks like the caricature of John Lennon from the
movie "Yellow Submarine."

Written By: ladybug316 on 05/28/09 at 9:15 pm

Looks like King Diamond to me... :-\\

Written By: wildcard on 05/28/09 at 10:37 pm

It's someone reaching to someone bent down.   Two eyes and some of the nose is above the arms of the two dark figures.   

Written By: loki 13 on 05/28/09 at 11:03 pm

Looks like King Diamond to me... :-\\

Talk about opposites, The lady in the picture sees Christ and you see the AntiChrist,  ;D but your right
it does sort of look like him.

Written By: ladybug316 on 05/29/09 at 8:12 am

Talk about opposites, The lady in the picture sees Christ and you see the AntiChrist,  ;D but your right

Makes sense to me since I don't believe in Christ but I do believe in King Diamond  ;D ;D

Written By: wildcard on 05/29/09 at 10:23 am

^ What I called Captain Hook is probably what you're calling King Diamond.  The eyes and nose are what I saw first.  I usually don't notice the things darker colors make until later.  If this family wants to use this to reminder their faith that's fine.  An ink blot like picture is not going to make me think I've seen the light or anything. 

Written By: Gis on 05/29/09 at 10:33 am

Actually that works quite well with the ad campaign in the U.K you either love or loath marmite there is no inbetween!

Check for new replies or respond here...