» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Beatles tattoo ends lonely hearts club

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/09/09 at 4:55 pm

http://www.ananova.com/images/web/1516115.jpg

An East Sussex couple have told how they discovered that all you need is love - thanks to The Beatles.

Jean Davies met Kevin Robinson when she spotted his massive Fab Four tattoo as she sang a Beatles song.

Jean and her friend Freda, both widows, were walking along Hastings beach after their weekly aqua aerobics class.

"'All we need is a bit of love,' I said to Freda. 'Isn't that a Beatles song?' she replied. We both laughed and started singing 'All You Need Is Love'," said Jean.

As she was singing, a shirtless man lying nearby with a colourful tattoo on his back caught Jean's eye.

As she looked closer she recognised four familiar faces - John, Ringo, Paul and George. Underneath were the words 'Lonely Hearts Club'.

Kevin and Jean soon got chatting and she discovered that he was a divorced carpet fitter who, unsurprisingly, was a massive Beatles fan.

During their conversation she mentioned the aerobics class that she and Freda attended each week and the next time she went she found Kevin waiting outside in his car for her.

"I gave Kevin my phone number and we started seeing each other more and more. Our friendship soon blossomed into love and for the first time in years, I had a spring in my step again," she said.

"When I told Kevin about how I'd been chatting to Freda about the Beatles when I first saw him, he agreed with me that out meeting must be fate."

Jean and Kevin have now been together for three years and have moved to Norfolk and started a new life together.

Subject: Re: Beatles tattoo ends lonely hearts club

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 07/15/09 at 2:50 am

Ahhh...that's a nice story. :) Sometimes that's all it takes, a small coincidence to make two people to become friends.

Check for new replies or respond here...