» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Ice doctor

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/29/09 at 3:32 am

A former ice dance champion has become the first person in the country to gain a PhD in the sport.

Diana Entwistle, from Roxwell, Essex explained why she decided to study the sport for four years.

She told the Metro: "I decided to study it because I am passionate about figure skating and I want Britain to be good at skating.

"There is so much science in figure skating and now it is the difference between getting a gold medal and appearing lower down in the leadership table. The sport is advancing and getting to the limits of human capabilities."

Her studies concentrated on aerobic fitness and its impact on figure skating.

She added: "I get as much pleasure skating as seeing a pupil skate. I love helping people improve their skills."

Check for new replies or respond here...