» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Boy forced to chain-smoke 42 cigarettes

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/06/09 at 1:41 pm

A Malaysian schoolboy was forced to chain-smoke 42 cigarettes in two hours after a teacher found a cigarette in his locker.

Mohd Alif Arifin, 16, could not eat for nearly a week after the punishment, the boy's aunt told the New Straits Times.

The schoolboy, who claimed he knew nothing of the cigarette in his locker, said: "I was forced to smoke four cigarettes at a time until I finished 42 cigarettes."

After his punishment, witnessed by other students and teachers, Alif was sent home from his school on the island of Langkawi.

His aunt Faridah Mat Zain, who has cared for her nephew since the death of his parents, said: "He was coughing continuously and he was very quiet.

"But two days later, I noticed his lips were swollen and got him to tell me what happened. He couldn't eat for five days."

Alif was taken to a clinic which referred him to Langkawi Hospital, she said.

A school official said the institute had apologised to the boy's uncle, who lodged a police report when he found out about the punishment.

"This is not normal. We don't do that often," the official said. He added it was up to the state's education department to take action against the teacher.

In 2007, another Malaysian teacher was reprimanded after she made almost 140 teenage girls squat in a pond at a boarding school as punishment for clogging the toilets.

Subject: Re: Boy forced to chain-smoke 42 cigarettes

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/09/09 at 3:20 pm

That's the classic punishment:

When I was nine years old, my pappy ketch me smokin' a cigar.  He locked me in the closet with a box of cigars and wouldn't lemme out 'till I finished every last one of 'em!

8-P

Written By: Foo Bar on 08/13/09 at 11:10 pm

Gentlemen...

Written By: Max Power on 09/18/09 at 5:29 pm

King of the Hill anyone?

Written By: Tyler on 10/25/09 at 10:56 pm

Hello,
I'm a high school student, my baseball coach caught me smoking in my car after a practice and he posted a picture of a dirty lung on my locker and I had to keep it there.  I also had to do 100 push ups before each game if I wanted to play. It was a pretty good punishment, it worked,at least for a while.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/28/09 at 10:30 am

King of the Hill anyone?

The Simpsons did it, already.

;D

Homer: Bart!? Have you started smoking?

Bart: No!

Homer: Don't lie to me boy. Uh huh, cigarettes, just as I thought.

Bart: But they're not mine, my boss said his warehouse was full!

Homer: Yeah right, son, I'm going to teach you a lesson! I'm going to stand here and watch you smoke every one of those cigarettes!

Written By: Zach on 12/17/09 at 12:56 am

Hello,
I'm a high school student, my baseball coach caught me smoking in my car after a practice and he posted a picture of a dirty lung on my locker and I had to keep it there.  I also had to do 100 push ups before each game if I wanted to play. It was a pretty good punishment, it worked,at least for a while.

I'm a teen smoker too.  I got in trouble a few times.  The first week of school this year I threw an empty cigarette pack out the window of my car, they caught me and made me spend my detention picking up every piece of trash on the school grounds.  That was my second smoking related offense of the year.  After my 3rd offense they kicked me off the hockey team and made me complete an extra community service project helping cancer patients.  I always enjoy helping people, but this time it was exceptionally rewarding.  I even spent more time than I was required to do.  What is really going to get me to stop smoking is that I am now going out with the hottest girl in my school and she hates smoking, I have to quit now.   

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/07/10 at 7:10 pm

Then again, you're really only talking two packs.  That was an evening's ration for my stepmother!  Smoking them four at a time could be a little intense, though!

Written By: Tyler on 02/03/10 at 11:49 pm

I got in trouble a few times.  The first week of school this year I threw an empty cigarette pack out the window of my car,

I just got a ticket a few days ago for doing that.  More smoking related trouble I got into.  I'm 17 and I usually smoke about a 1/2 pack a day.
I don't know why I like to smoke, I know its a stupid thing to do.  I feel bad that I disappointed my family by smoking. 

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/06/10 at 6:44 am

I just got a ticket a few days ago for doing that.  More smoking related trouble I got into.  I'm 17 and I usually smoke about a 1/2 pack a day.
I don't know why I like to smoke, I know its a stupid thing to do.  I feel bad that I disappointed my family by smoking. 
Break the habit you are only shortening your life and wasting good money.

Written By: seamermar on 02/09/10 at 3:48 am

What is really going to get me to stop smoking is that I am now going out with the hottest girl in my school and she hates smoking, I have to quit now.     

Hottest like a cigarrette butt.
A good reason to keep clean lips and lungs.

Smoking it's only a good business to Philip Morris and his pals
I never smoked before and I think it's late to take it up.
So I'll keep my health away from the pleasures of Havana cigars  ::)

Written By: Tyler on 02/14/10 at 11:53 pm

Yea, I totally agree smoking is stupid.  I guess I just do it because for some reason I like the look of it (I admit this is a stupid reason).    I have several friends that smoke, and they didn't think they were going to get addicted and they all are, and I think I am too.  I think that we are all nice kids but we just do a very stupid thing.  My baseball coach that caught me smoking last year smelled smoke on me last week, and gave me a good lecture and told me if I smoke I'll be sitting on the bench all year this season.  I am cutting back, hopefully I'll quit by then.

Written By: stopsmokinghabits on 03/15/10 at 2:41 am

Smoking damages multiple system functions including the respiratory system, the heart and
circulatory system, and the nervous system. It is one of the main factors causing cancers,
chronic bronchitis. Smoking is a totally delirious.

------stopsmokinghabits

http://www.stopsmokinghabits.com

Written By: Foo Bar on 03/16/10 at 10:14 pm

Spamming places damaging loads on multiple systems functions including the abuse reporting system, the networking and storage systems, and the routing tables. It is one of the main factors causing permanent bannination. Spammers are delerious.

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee50/kurtenblog/family-guy-smoke.jpg

Stop your spamming habits and get an honest job, like marketing cigarettes. Unlike the people who deal with the yottabytes of electrons wasted by spammers, the customers of cigarette companies actually want the product.

Check for new replies or respond here...