» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Cat Found with Paws Glued to Highway

Written By: gumbypiz on 12/21/09 at 3:22 pm

There are some seriously sick people out there...Cat Found with Paws Glued to Highway

Pads of the cats paws were ripped off in trying to rescue it from the roadway.

Stories like this make me so angry!  >:(

Cruelty/torture to animals is one of the hallmarks and stepping stones of serial killers...

I hope they find the bastard and treat him to the same fate as the cat!

From what I found on the internet, pads can grow back, but still...

Subject: Re: Cat Found with Paws Glued to Highway

Written By: Frank on 12/21/09 at 4:40 pm

That's totally insane.

Yes, there are some sick people out there.
At Least the story has a happy ending

"Timothy (the cat) is currently with a foster family as he recovers. Second Chance members say he may be up for adoption eventually."

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/21/09 at 5:34 pm

That is so sick. It is stories like this that I am happy for the 3-fold rule. They will get theirs-3 times over.

Cat

Written By: Red Ant on 12/22/09 at 1:16 am

Poor thing was probably terrified. I'm glad it is somewhat okay now. The cat will recover - pads do grow back - it'll take a long time though. Years ago, our plant dog "Sparky" walked into a containment pit full of caustic (think Drano but 3x as strong). His feet were bad for a few months, but they healed.

Ant

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/23/09 at 11:16 am

Now that's just mean.

>:(

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/07/10 at 7:07 pm

I'm with Gumbypiz here, animal cruelty stories make my blood boil. 

The weird thing is today I was remembering a similar story I read in the local police blotter when I was about ten.  A guy got busted because he applied Super Glue to a cat's paws and stuck the cat on his car's hub cap.  Then he took the cat for a spin around the town and down the highway.  The cat was dead of its traumas by the time the cops caught the sicko.  I laughed at first when I read it, but then I wondered how somebody could be so cruel.  It's something I never forgot.

Check for new replies or respond here...