» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Bound woman used toes to email for help

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/04/10 at 2:27 pm

A US woman who was tied to her bed during a midnight robbery was freed after she used her toes to email her boyfriend.

Amy Windom, 39, was held up at gunpoint in her home in Atlanta, Georgia, reports the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

The masked robber hit her over the had with his gun and then tied her to the bed while he searched the house for valuables.

After he left, she eventually managed to use her toes to email boyfriend John Hilton, from a laptop which was by her bed, who called police.

Atlanta police Captain Van Hobbs told the newspaper that when officers arrived, they found the victim still tied to her bed.

"Her laptop was on her bed with her and she was able to use her toes to type a message to her boyfriend and let him know what had happened," he said.

Mr Hilton said: "I e-mail her every morning before I go to work. I saw her on AIM, and she 'pinged' me first and her first word was, 'HELP. CALL 911'. It was all caps."

Ms Windom said that she started yelling for help and struggling to free herself as soon as the gunman left but the binds around her wrist just got tighter.

Eventually she realised her laptop was by the foot of her bed and she managed to drag it on to the bed with her feet and open it.

"The wifi popped right up and it was a wonderful moment when I had the screen and realised my internet connection was live," she said.

Subject: Re: Bound woman used toes to email for help

Written By: ladybug316 on 08/04/10 at 5:50 pm

:)

Subject: Re: Bound woman used toes to email for help

Written By: gibbo on 08/04/10 at 7:11 pm

Finally...a use for the internet!

Check for new replies or respond here...