» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Girl's 'dead' game causes panic

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/14/10 at 6:21 am

http://web.orange.co.uk/images/ice/quirkies/google_street_view_google.jpg

A ten-year-old girl sparked panic when she was caught 'playing dead' by Google's Street View cameras.

Azura Beebeejaun was pictured lying face down on the pavement outside her home in Worcester, reports the Daily Mail.

Anxious residents browsing their on-screen neighbourhood contacted Google about the image fearing they had chanced on a murder scene.

But Azura said: "I didn't know anything about the Google Street View car. I fell over while I was playing with my friend and thought it would be funny to play dead.

"I'm quite chuffed I'm on the internet. It is quite funny and I can't wait to tell my classmates when I go back to school."

Her mother, Saira, 43, said she was amused the image had caused such a fuss among her neighbours.

Mrs Beebeejaun, a youth worker, said: "A couple of people on the road have mentioned to me a few weeks ago that they had seen a picture of a girl lying on the floor on our street.

"I assumed it was my daughter because she is always playing around on the pavement outside. But I never really thought one picture would cause such a commotion."

A Google spokesman said: "The imagery in Street View represents a snapshot in time of Britain's streets and is no different to what anyone might expect to see for themselves around the country.

"Sometimes that means our cars inadvertently capture odd or inappropriate moments as they drive past."

Subject: Re: Girl's 'dead' game causes panic

Written By: snozberries on 08/14/10 at 3:17 pm

that's hilarious!!!

Check for new replies or respond here...