» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Groom says it with 99,999 red roses

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/18/10 at 3:40 pm

A Chinese groom certainly rose to the occasion when he decided to give his bride a big day she'd never forget.

Xiao Wang blew a year's salary on buying 99,999 red roses for bride Xiao Liu at their wedding in Chongqing, central China, where the number 999 is considered to be a good luck omen.

The couple - both 24 - needed 30 cars to take the flowers to the service. They advertised on the internet for car owners and for helpers to stick the flowers on the vehicles. The flowers themselves were flown in from the other side of the country.

"I remembered that Liu loved these special roses and the idea just grew and grew. It was worth it all just to see the look on her face when she saw the cars," said groom Wang.

He also donated 20% of the cost of the roses to charity to bring still more luck to their marriage.

Liu who met Wang while they were at University together added: "I mentioned a year ago I would like a romantic wedding - I can't believe he remembered, but it was amazing."

Check for new replies or respond here...