» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Woman fends off bear with courgette

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/25/10 at 8:31 am

A woman has used a courgette to fend off a 91kg black bear in her back garden in Montana, USA.

The bear attacked one of the woman's dogs, but fleed when she hurled the vegetable at it, reports the Associated Press.

Missoula County Sheriff's Lt Rich Maricelli said: "She kicked the bear with her left leg as hard as she could."

But the animal would not retreat until struck by a 14-inch courgetted plucked from the home owner's garden.

All three dogs were uninjured and the black bear is still to be caught.

Subject: Re: Woman fends off bear with courgette

Written By: Foo Bar on 09/25/10 at 8:16 pm

And here I am, thinking that "courgette" is a typo for a 30something woman who acts like she's in her 40s.  Ya learn something new every day.

So a courgette is a vegetable.  What I wanna know is this: what was the bear doing with the courgette?  I thought bears weren't vegetarians!

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 09/25/10 at 11:08 pm

It's a zucchini... I'd have to run too if someone threw a foot-long zucchini at me.  Although I think I MUST have erred somewhere in my math conversion as the program I used to convert said it was a 200 pound veggie...  egad!  ;D

Written By: danootaandme on 09/26/10 at 5:49 am

I tend to run from zucchini no matter what size it is.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/28/10 at 12:38 am

If the bear decides to charge you, you're f**ked.  Try not to p*ss off the bear.
:)

Check for new replies or respond here...