» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Man collects 26 years of belly button fluff

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/25/10 at 2:22 pm

A librarian has won a place in the Guinness Book of World Records after collecting fluff from his belly button every day for 26 years.

Graham Barker has amassed 22.1 grams of lint since embarking upon his unusual hobby, reports the Daily Telegraph.

"One evening, when a little under-occupied, I noticed the lint in my navel and started wondering about it," he said.

"I became curious as to how much of it one person can produce, and decided the only way to find out was to collect it for a while and see."

Mr Barker, who colour-codes his collection in jars, says thermal underwear produces the most lint.

The 45-year-old from Perth, Australia, has sold three jars to a museum for an undisclosed sum.

"The raw material is worthless but as a unique world record collection and a piece of cultural heritage, of debatable merit, it has some curiosity value," he said.

While most people have a positive reaction to his collection there is "a small minority - usually women" who find it unappealing.

Mr Barker said he was not the only navel fluff collectors in the world - but he was the only one who had gone the distance.

"One guy might have persisted, but he got married and his wife ordered him to stop," he added.

Subject: Re: Man collects 26 years of belly button fluff

Written By: gibbo on 10/25/10 at 5:59 pm

A librarian has won a place in the Guinness Book of World Records after collecting fluff from his belly button every day for 26 years.

Graham Barker has amassed 22.1 grams of lint since embarking upon his unusual hobby, reports the Daily Telegraph.

"One evening, when a little under-occupied, I noticed the lint in my navel and started wondering about it," he said.

"I became curious as to how much of it one person can produce, and decided the only way to find out was to collect it for a while and see."

Mr Barker, who colour-codes his collection in jars, says thermal underwear produces the most lint.

The 45-year-old from Perth, Australia, has sold three jars to a museum for an undisclosed sum.

"The raw material is worthless but as a unique world record collection and a piece of cultural heritage, of debatable merit, it has some curiosity value," he said.

While most people have a positive reaction to his collection there is "a small minority - usually women" who find it unappealing.

Mr Barker said he was not the only navel fluff collectors in the world - but he was the only one who had gone the distance.

"One guy might have persisted, but he got married and his wife ordered him to stop," he added.

My only question is...Why did he have to be an Aussie!

Written By: 2kidsami on 10/26/10 at 7:08 am

My only question is...Why did he have to be an Aussie!
My question...  WHO GET'S Belly button lint :-\\  I have owned a belly button (innie) for 39 years now, and I can say I have never had to clean out the lint trap....  WHAT THE H--- :P

Written By: gibbo on 10/26/10 at 6:17 pm

My question...  WHO GET'S Belly button lint :-\\  I have owned a belly button (innie) for 39 years now, and I can say I have never had to clean out the lint trap....  WHAT THE H--- :P

I got a deep innie ... and it gets some lint,dust,rain,hail... ;D  The trouble is the fatter I get...the deeper it gets!  :o

Written By: 2kidsami on 10/26/10 at 6:22 pm

I got a deep innie ... and it gets some lint,dust,rain,hail... ;D  The trouble is the fatter I get...the deeper it gets!  :o
Really ???  That surprises me!  When I was pregnant, mine kept getting shallower till it stuck out like a turkey temperature thingy...  It's done :D

Written By: gibbo on 10/26/10 at 6:34 pm

Really ???  That surprises me!  When I was pregnant, mine kept getting shallower till it stuck out like a turkey temperature thingy...  It's done :D

That's the difference between growing on the inside versus growing on the outside.  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...