» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Broke Mexicana stewardesses launch racy calendar

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/27/10 at 9:16 am

Female flight attendants from ailing Mexican airline Mexicana have launched a racy aviation calendar in an attempt to ease their financial worries.

The 2011 calendar features the 10 women clad in bikinis and sunglasses draped over parts of an aircraft. Its first run sold out before the launch.

The women said they wanted to help themselves after losing so much.

The airline, which has debts of about $800m (£500m), filed for bankruptcy in August and has suspended operations.

The calendar has evoked comparisons with the 1997 film The Full Monty, in which a group of unemployed British steelworkers organise a striptease act.

"It occurred to me because we all needed money, and I thought that with so many pretty girls there were bound to be some who'd be interested," said organiser Coral Perez, quoted by the Associated Press news agency.

The 10 stewardesses each paid some money out of their own pockets towards the 100,000 peso ($8,000) production costs.

A thousand copies of the $12 (£7.50) calendar have already been sold, and a second edition of 3,000 is being produced.

The 89-year-old airline suffered heavy losses because of Mexico's recession in 2009 and an outbreak of swine flu the same year which caused a sharp fall in tourism.

After filing for bankruptcy protection Mexicana proposed deep pay cuts for pilots and crew, as well as a 40% reduction in the workforce

Subject: Re: Broke Mexicana stewardesses launch racy calendar

Written By: hot_wax on 12/28/10 at 7:41 pm

Female flight attendants from ailing Mexican airline Mexicana have launched a racy aviation calendar in an attempt to ease their financial worries.

The 2011 calendar features the 10 women clad in bikinis and sunglasses draped over parts of an aircraft. Its first run sold out before the launch.

The women said they wanted to help themselves after losing so much.

The airline, which has debts of about $800m (£500m), filed for bankruptcy in August and has suspended operations.

The calendar has evoked comparisons with the 1997 film The Full Monty, in which a group of unemployed British steelworkers organise a striptease act.

"It occurred to me because we all needed money, and I thought that with so many pretty girls there were bound to be some who'd be interested," said organiser Coral Perez, quoted by the Associated Press news agency.

The 10 stewardesses each paid some money out of their own pockets towards the 100,000 peso ($8,000) production costs.

A thousand copies of the $12 (£7.50) calendar have already been sold, and a second edition of 3,000 is being produced.

The 89-year-old airline suffered heavy losses because of Mexico's recession in 2009 and an outbreak of swine flu the same year which caused a sharp fall in tourism.

After filing for bankruptcy protection Mexicana proposed deep pay cuts for pilots and crew, as well as a 40% reduction in the workforce

This has been done already a around 10 years ago by , I think by the Northwest Flight Attendants, I bought one for about $10.00 but I can't find it now. They were in bikini's and sexy poses. maybe you find one on e-bay.

Check for new replies or respond here...