» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Dad pimps son's pushchair

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/19/11 at 7:56 am

http://web.orange.co.uk/images/ice/quirkies/pimped_pushchair_rex.jpg

A Swansea dad has 'pimped' his toddler's pushchair by installing a DVD player, vacuum cleaner, bottle warmer, solar panels and a sat-nav.

Harry Berry's high-tech pram also features tiger stripes, Knight Rider-style lights and a personalised numberplate - all for a bargain £70.

The stroller has been put together over the past 12 months by Harry's dad, Richard Berry, 44, reports the South Wales Evening Post.

"Every time we go for a walk, we get stopped by people who come to take a look at the pram," said Mr Berry. "Harry has no idea his stroller is special. He and the pram have become local celebs."

Mr Berry and girlfriend Anne-Marie Morgan, 40, bought the pram at a car boot sale for £20 shortly after Harry's birth last February.

"Anne-Marie spent a ludicrous amount of cash on a pushchair," he added. "I thought it was a total rip-off and after our first attempt to go to the beach realised it was just no good for our needs."

So he bought the second-hand three-wheel buggy for £20, stripped it down, painted it and then set about customising it.

"I bought some fatter and lower wheels via eBay as well as putting on a spare cup holder and tray table from my old camper van," he said.

"Next up was a power socket for a DVD and MP3 player. Quite soon after headlights were added just before a trip to Cornwall as we had to walk down a lane to get to the local pub.

"Cigar power outlets were put on for the bottle warmer, while the Knight Rider and rear lights were added just for stupidity value, as was the horn and siren.

"The newest additions are a four-way cigar power outlet, so I can run the vacuum cleaner at the same time as the sat-nav, and a solar panel to charge up the battery."

Check for new replies or respond here...