» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Teen's Royal Wedding hunger strike

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/19/11 at 7:56 am

A Mexican teenager has gone on hunger strike in a bizarre bid to secure an invitation to the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton.

Estibalis Chavez, 19, is camping in a blue tent outside the British Embassy in Mexico City and says she hasn't eaten for eight days, reports the Daily Telegraph.

"Are they going to let me die just because they wouldn't give me an invitation to the royal wedding?" Miss Chavez wrote on a flyer.

"This is my only dream," read another flyer next to a picture of the smiling royal couple who will marry at Westminster Abbey on April 29.

Miss Chavez, wearing braces, pigtails and glasses, said the late Princess Diana had inspired her campaign.

"I think she was one of the most interesting women in history, and one of the best and most beautiful," she said.

"My mother was a big fan of Lady Di too and she died when I was born, so I promised myself I would attend her son's wedding," added Miss Chavez.

"The embassy could talk to Britain for me but they haven't," she said. "But I'm going to stay here until I can't go on."

Check for new replies or respond here...