» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Kidnapped dog finds its way home

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/11/11 at 1:40 pm

A Polish woman could not believe her eyes when her pet dog found its way home - after being dognapped 30 miles away.

Edyta Kowalska, 44, from Sochaczew, had gone to the capital Warsaw for the day with her two-year-old Dachshund, Cherry.

But as they walked down the road a car suddenly pulled up and three masked men jumped out. The trio bundled the dog inside a car and sped off.

"It was terrifying. They leapt out of their car and ran over towards me. I thought they were going to attack me, but instead they grabbed Cherry, jumped back in the car and drove off," said Edyta.

"I went to the police and filed a report, but I don't think they took it very seriously.

"But I was beside myself with grief, and just couldn't understand why they had taken Cherry and what they would do to her."

For five days, Edyta fretted until she looked out of her kitchen window to see Cherry trotting up the garden path.

"I couldn't believe it. She was a bit thin and bedraggled, but she had made it home," she said.

"I'll never know what happened and why they took her, but now she's back and that's all that matters."

Subject: Re: Kidnapped dog finds its way home

Written By: danootaandme on 07/11/11 at 4:23 pm

My dog once disappeared, the only thing that could possibly have happened was a dog-napping.  I looked for her for over a month, then one day I decided it was time to take up her water and food bowls and put them away, just as I picked them up she walked in the door!(it was summer, the door was open)  It was just like a movie!  I was crying and stuff, and she had lost a lot of weight.  I'll never know where she was or how she got back, but WOW!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/12/11 at 10:29 pm

My dog once disappeared, the only thing that could possibly have happened was a dog-napping.  I looked for her for over a month, then one day I decided it was time to take up her water and food bowls and put them away, just as I picked them up she walked in the door!(it was summer, the door was open)  It was just like a movie!  I was crying and stuff, and she had lost a lot of weight.  I'll never know where she was or how she got back, but WOW!

Our dog did that once when I was a kid.  One day she trotted off into the stand of trees like she always did but she didn't come back.  A month later she trotted back through the stand of trees and looked no worse for the wear.  Very strange.  Where she was and what she did we'll never know!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_scratch.gif

My parents just got a new German Shepherd puppy (cuuuuuuute!).  His ID is tattooed inside his ear.  They sometimes microchip valuable dogs.  I don't know how effective either tattooing or microchipping really is against dognapping. 

Written By: danootaandme on 07/13/11 at 4:41 am

Our dog did that once when I was a kid.  One day she trotted off into the stand of trees like she always did but she didn't come back.  A month later she trotted back through the stand of trees and looked no worse for the wear.  Very strange.  Where she was and what she did we'll never know!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_scratch.gif

My parents just got a new German Shepherd puppy (cuuuuuuute!).  His ID is tattooed inside his ear.  They sometimes microchip valuable dogs.  I don't know how effective either tattooing or microchipping really is against dognapping. 

The tatooing works just like a dog tag for the good samaritan who wants to return the dog.  Microchipping is  a gps so you can find the dog, the dog may be napped but you could track him, unless the napper was so intent on the dog he had the chip removed.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/13/11 at 8:17 pm

The tatooing works just like a dog tag for the good samaritan who wants to return the dog.  Microchipping is  a gps so you can find the dog, the dog may be napped but you could track him, unless the napper was so intent on the dog he had the chip removed.

I have yet to hear of a SWAT team standoff for a ransomed dog, but I suppose it could happen.  My father told me some specially trained German shepherds are going for $80,000+.  I'm sure there are show dogs that go for quite a bit more.  My folks paid $1200 for their shepherd.  My stepmom used to breed German shepherds, but she and my dad are getting on in years so I think they're done with it.  I favor adopting mutts from shelters rather than buying purebreds.  However, German shepherds are awesome dogs. 

Written By: danootaandme on 07/14/11 at 4:34 am

I have yet to hear of a SWAT team standoff for a ransomed dog, but I suppose it could happen.  My father told me some specially trained German shepherds are going for $80,000+.  I'm sure there are show dogs that go for quite a bit more.  My folks paid $1200 for their shepherd.  My stepmom used to breed German shepherds, but she and my dad are getting on in years so I think they're done with it.  I favor adopting mutts from shelters rather than buying purebreds.  However, German shepherds are awesome dogs. 

I had a Shepard, then a Lab, I would take a Lab over any dog, any day.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/14/11 at 11:45 pm

I had a Shepard, then a Lab, I would take a Lab over any dog, any day.

Labs are sweet, mellow, loyal dogs -- usually.  There's a bit of an over-breeding problem and a shallow gene pool.  My brother-in-law had a Black Lab who was just hell on wheels before she mellowed out when she was 7 years old (about 49 in dog years).  She was really sweet after that, but bone stupid.  She lived to be 15 years old, blind, deaf, crazy, and incontinent.  Brother-in-law finally had to do the humane thing and take her to the vet for the big sniff, though we all loved that old dog so.
:\'(

Check for new replies or respond here...