» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Abandoned for 2 weeks, starving dogs eat owner.

Written By: King Tut on 09/07/11 at 8:57 pm

JAKARTA (Reuters) – Seven dogs starved of food and water for two weeks are suspected of eating their Indonesian owner after he returned to his hometown in Manado from a holiday, local media reported on Tuesday.

A neighborhood guard was curious when he saw luggage lined up at the front of Andre Lumboga's house, days after the 50-year old arrived back home. He approached the house, smelled something foul and called the police, according to a report.

"His skull was found in the kitchen, and his body was found in the front of his house," Eriyana, a local police chief in Batam, an island off Sumatra, told VIVAnews website.   Lumboga arrived home last Wednesday, but his body was just discovered on Monday.

"We suspect that the dogs were hungry, so they attacked Andre, because they had not been fed for 14 days," he said. Police also found bones of two other dogs, believed to have also been eaten by the hungry canines.

Lumboga was from northern Sulawesi island, a predominantly Christian area, where the local spicy diet is famous in Indonesia for including dogs, bats and forest rats.

Feed you dogs.  ;)

Subject: Re: Abandoned for 2 weeks, starving dogs eat owner.

Written By: danootaandme on 09/08/11 at 4:34 am

*ouch*

Written By: DJ Blaze on 09/08/11 at 2:07 pm

Um.... I have trouble believing this for some reason.

Written By: King Tut on 09/08/11 at 2:10 pm

Would you believe...6 dogs abandoned for only 1 week, and they just maimed their owner.  (doing their best Maxwell Smart imitation)

You can google the story, I've seen it on several sites. Check it out.

Written By: danootaandme on 09/08/11 at 8:04 pm

Dogs, hungry, in a pack.  Completely believable.

Written By: danootaandme on 09/08/11 at 8:07 pm

http://www.standard.net/stories/2011/08/16/deadly-dog-packs-roam-navajo-nation-attacking-livestock-people

Deadly dog packs roam Navajo Nation attacking livestock, people

..."They kill everything," Gleason said in a recent interview. "Cats, dogs, cattle, sheep, horses. We've also had people severely injured by them. We've had people with horrendous bites. We just had a case ... where a man lost 37 sheep to a pack of dogs.

Written By: Bobby on 09/08/11 at 8:24 pm

This is the article from Yahoo...

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/abandoned-2-weeks-starving-dogs-indonesia-eat-owner-142541221.html

Those dogs must have been seriously hungry to turn on their owner like that (though no mention of the breed of dog?). They were hungry enough to kill and eat two of the dogs trapped with them before the owner came back from holiday so they were quite capable of collectively finishing off a 50 year old man.

Personally, I think the owner was barking up the wrong tree if he thought there would be no consequences to his neglect.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/09/11 at 9:48 pm

Talk about just desserts.
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/grommit.gif

Check for new replies or respond here...