» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Store’s Ice Cream Costume Confused For KKK Hood

Written By: King Tut on 09/30/11 at 3:20 pm

The owners of the Ice Cream Family Corner and Sandwiches recently thought it would be a good idea to have someone stand outside their business in an ice cream cone costume.

“We were just trying to get people to come in,” said store employee Jasmine Gonzalez.

But a lot of people driving by the store, located at the intersection of South Pine Ave. and Southwest 17thSt., thought the person standing outside was actually wearing a Ku Klux Klan outfit.

The owners say they had no idea about the mistaken identity.

“I’ll say about a week after we hired the guy to stand outside, people stopped coming in. Like, dramatically. We would stay here a whole day with nobody coming in.”

http://stupidknews.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/kkk-ice-cream-cone-300x225.jpg
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Diaz (the owner), who is from Puerto Rico, said she had never even heard of the Ku Klux Klan. “I asked my husband and when I found out, he explained it to me,” she said. “Wow!”

Subject: Re: Store’s Ice Cream Costume Confused For KKK Hood

Written By: snozberries on 09/30/11 at 4:26 pm

What idiots looked at the white point with colorful "sprinkles" and waffle cone and said....hmmmmmm could that be a klansman?

that's just lame.    ::) 

look I get paranoid when I see people do things like "cutesy" spelling of words that 'miraculously' winds up with three Ks like.... oh I don't know.... a product sold in stores called Krazy Kritter Kups. I refuse to buy them and drink out of them because I think they had the option when naming their product to go a different way.... but I'm not gonna not go to the store because the Ice Cone costume kinda looks like a klan hood.... come on....

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/30/11 at 5:43 pm

It's my favorite ice cream stand,

Ku Klux Kone!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/icescream.gif

Written By: danootaandme on 10/01/11 at 5:59 am

Maybe the people driving by just didn't like vanilla

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/02/11 at 1:26 am

What were they expecting, Tutti Frutti?
:-\\

Written By: snozberries on 10/02/11 at 8:37 am

Maybe the people driving by just didn't like vanilla

I just watched the ep of the view where they talked about this. Whoopi was laughing so hard she probably wet herself  ;D

Written By: King Tut on 10/02/11 at 1:08 pm

I just watched the ep of the view where they talked about this. Whoopi was laughing so hard she probably wet herself  ;D

damn, I missed that.  :-\\

Written By: snozberries on 10/02/11 at 1:29 pm

damn, I missed that.  :-\\

It's avail on Hulu.... I think it was Wed or Thurs ep with in the first ten minutes of the ep.

Written By: King Tut on 10/02/11 at 2:03 pm

It's avail on Hulu.... I think it was Wed or Thurs ep with in the first ten minutes of the ep.

Thanks. AFAIK, Hulu not available outside the USA. :-\\
Karma for the thought, though.

Written By: snozberries on 10/02/11 at 2:16 pm

Thanks. AFAIK, Hulu not available outside the USA. :-\\
Karma for the thought, though.

bummer.... I checked youtube but no one posted it yet..... what about abc.com? Can you view that in canada?

Written By: King Tut on 10/02/11 at 2:19 pm

bummer.... I checked youtube but no one posted it yet..... what about abc.com? Can you view that in canada?

I checked youtube as well.
Abd.com. Nope either
"You appear to be outside the United States or its territories. Due to international rights agreements, we only offer this video to viewers located within the United States and its territories"

Written By: snozberries on 10/02/11 at 2:47 pm

I checked youtube as well.
Abd.com. Nope either
"You appear to be outside the United States or its territories. Due to international rights agreements, we only offer this video to viewers located within the United States and its territories"

bummer.....canada's just a wanna be US anyway so they should let you watch!  :D

Written By: King Tut on 10/02/11 at 2:58 pm

bummer.....canada's just a wanna be US anyway so they should let you watch!  :D

We have to apply for "Unincorporated organized territory" status like Guam & Puerto Rico.  Maybe we can see for there.

Written By: snozberries on 10/02/11 at 2:59 pm

We have to apply for "Unincorporated organized territory" status like Guam & Puerto Rico.  Maybe we can see for there.

that's a great idea!!!! start working on it!  :D

Written By: King Tut on 10/02/11 at 3:04 pm

that's a great idea!!!! start working on it!  :D

(dialing Prime Minister Steven Harper)

Hey Stevie, how are ya. Listen, I need to see what Whoopi said about that KKK ice-cream guy, and Hulu & ABC.com don't work. We need to either be invaded by the USA, invade the USA, or become a US territory .Can you make it happen soon? (While I still have some interest in watching what Whoopi said)

Once I've seen the video, we can revert back to our previous political status.
Any problem?

Written By: snozberries on 10/02/11 at 3:12 pm

(dialing Prime Minister Steven Harper)

Hey Stevie, how are ya. Listen, I need to see what Whoopi said about that KKK ice-cream guy, and Hulu & ABC.com don't work. We need to either be invaded by the USA, invade the USA, or become a US territory .Can you make it happen soon? (While I still have some interest in watching what Whoopi said)

One I've seen the video, we can revert back to our previous status.
Any problem?

BTW....he should make it happen in a week....otherwise the video will be taken down.  :D 
hopefully someone posts it.....if I had recorded it to my dvr I would post it.

Written By: King Tut on 10/02/11 at 3:18 pm

Come to think of it, I might be able to watch it at CTV.ca (Canadian network).
Saw it. Yes!

Written By: snozberries on 10/02/11 at 3:30 pm

Come to think of it, I might be able to watch it at CTV.ca (Canadian network).
Saw it. Yes!

right on....probably fell a little flat after my build up and all your effort to watch it huh?  ;D

Written By: King Tut on 10/03/11 at 8:25 pm

It was good!

I'm curious though. I was able to see it on CTV.ca.  Can you see the videos in the U.S. or do you get a similar "out of country" message.
Here's the link:

http://shows.ctv.ca/TheView.aspx

Subject: hi

Written By: Bartw1978 on 10/14/11 at 2:48 pm

Hi can I use this pic on my site here <a href="http://weymouthhotels.info/">http://weymouthhotels.info/</a>

Written By: snozberries on 10/14/11 at 2:52 pm

I'm not even gonna bother clicking the link someone else tell me if it's bad!  ;D

Written By: King Tut on 10/14/11 at 3:42 pm

I'm not even gonna bother clicking the link someone else tell me if it's bad!  ;D

Not bad, I got nothing, that address is a suspended account

Written By: snozberries on 10/14/11 at 3:42 pm

Not bad, I got nothing, that address is a suspended account

You are brave  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...