» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Family lost in corn maze calls 911

Written By: King Tut on 10/13/11 at 7:49 pm

DANVERS, Mass. — A Massachusetts family got the Halloween scare of a lifetime by getting lost inside a dark and creepy Salem-area corn maze and had to call 911 for rescue.

Danvers police say they got a call of distress from a mother of two about 6:32 p.m. Monday. The woman alerted the 911 operator of their situation in the Connors Farm in Danvers, a short distance from Salem.  A voice recording of the 911 call was made available to the media on Wednesday. The exchange:

Woman: "Hi, I just called. I'm still stuck at Connors Farms. I don't see anybody. I am really scared. It's really dark and we've got a 3-week-old baby with us."

Farm owner Bob Connors said it was a busy day and he left the farm and his farm manager about 6:20 p.m. Monday, only to return a short time later. Connors said he received a phone call from a friend who told him about police squad cars at the family farm at 30 Valley Road.

“People like to take their time and we don’t like to rush people out of the maze," Connors said. "We like to give people their money’s worth."

He said a Danvers police with a tracking dog quickly plunged into the depths of the maze with a farm manager to search for the disoriented dad, mom and two young kids.

Within a minute or so upon arrival, the police officer located the family. The family didn't realize they had almost made their way out; they were just 25 feet from the street, Connors said.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why take a 3-week-old to a corn maze?

Subject: Re: Family lost in corn maze calls 911

Written By: snozberries on 10/13/11 at 8:13 pm

If they'd called me i'd've been laughing to hard to dispatch the cops.  ;D

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/13/11 at 9:01 pm

If they'd called me i'd've been laughing to hard to dispatch the cops.  ;D

Note to self: Do not call 911 when lost in a Halloween corn maze on the campus of UCSB.  Check!  :D

Written By: snozberries on 10/13/11 at 10:47 pm

Note to self: Do not call 911 when lost in a Halloween corn maze on the campus of UCSB.  Check!  :D

;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/14/11 at 12:39 am

Why take a 3-week-old to a corn maze?

Isn't corn "maize"?

Oh, anyway...

I was thinking the same thing.

I'm glad everybody got out safely.  I used to live in Essex County.  Danvers is the town where they hanged the Salem witches.  It was also for more than a century home to one of the scariest lunatic asylums in the world, Danvers State Hospital.  Danvers does not need a dead baby in a corn maze to add to its macabre legacy. 

Check for new replies or respond here...