inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 911 operator enjoys a nap...on the job.

Written By: Jessica on 08/05/04 at 1:27 pm

Sleepy 911 Operator Takes A Snooze During Call

If he was so sleepy, then why didn't he tell his supervisor and go home? I also don't like the part where he might not be reprimanded. Unless it was a medical condition, his a$$ should be fired. That lady could have been (worst case scenario here) killed.

Subject: Re: 911 operator enjoys a nap...on the job.

Written By: danootaandme on 08/05/04 at 3:10 pm

I wonder if that guy is on the job by himself all night.  That should never happen. There was a
case in this area where a woman called 911, but her speech was slurred so the person who
took the call ignored it.  The next day the supervisor came in, heard the tape, and sent out some
one to check.  Too late, the woman had been murdered, it has never been solved.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 08/05/04 at 4:36 pm

There was a case in Philly where some kid was getting his a$$ beat near a fast-food place.....someone called 911,and the operator,or the IDIOT,on the other end did not take the call seriously....help came too late,the kid was already dead...
And the 911 operators in my area don't talk loud enough sometimes,I can barely make out what they say..

Written By: Dagwood on 08/05/04 at 6:13 pm

I wonder if that guy is on the job by himself all night.  That should never happen. There was a
case in this area where a woman called 911, but her speech was slurred so the person who
took the call ignored it.  The next day the supervisor came in, heard the tape, and sent out some
one to check.  Too late, the woman had been murdered, it has never been solved.

He should be fired.  If someone calls 911, the police have to respond...even if it was a little kid playing on the phone.  My babysitters son called 911 one day, she didn't know it happened until the police showed up on her doorstep.

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/05/04 at 6:16 pm

Sounds to me like that guy needs to subscribe to one of those outfits that gives you a wake-up call.

;D ;D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/05/04 at 8:53 pm

Absolutely Nuts ::)

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 08/05/04 at 9:20 pm

Sounds to me like that guy needs to subscribe to one of those outfits that gives you a wake-up call.

;D ;D
such as 555-WAKE...the ad runs on late night TV,along with those 'live girls chat line'ads!

Written By: Howard on 08/05/04 at 9:26 pm

;D ;D

Or just scream very loud. ;D

Howard

Written By: Jessica on 08/06/04 at 12:55 pm

Don't you think the call coming in would wake him up?  I know when MY phone rings and I'm sleeping it jars me awake and I'm up for awhile after ???

Oh, he was awake and he took the call, but in the middle of it, he just conked out. Makes you feel real secure in calling 911 now. :P

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/06/04 at 1:48 pm

Oh, he was awake and he took the call, but in the middle of it, he just conked out. Makes you feel real secure in calling 911 now. :P

Don't you hate it when something that YOU think is an emergency puts somebody else to sleep ?

;D

Written By: Howard on 08/06/04 at 8:51 pm

Don't you hate it when something that YOU think is an emergency puts somebody else to sleep ?

;D

Maybe he took his medication.  ;D

Howard

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 08/07/04 at 7:45 pm

What that 911 operator did was absolutely idiotic...as well as a reason to FIRE him!!

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/07/04 at 7:54 pm

Maybe he took his medication.  ;D

Howard

I used to be a manager in a large manufacturing plant.  Whenever we would catch someone sleeping on the job, they inevitably said: "My doctor prescribed these pills to me and they make me sleepy".  Apparently someone in the Union was telling them that this would be a good excuse.

I'd then say "Oh, thanks for letting me know.  Now go home because it is unsafe for you to be falling asleep with all of this heavy machinery here."

They would usually drop the "sleeping pill" act and take their punishment... typically a day off without pay.  Because they knew that I would be asking for "proof" of the fictional medicine, and if they got caught in THAT lie they could be fired!

;D  ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/08/04 at 3:15 am

Get-up, get get down down, 911 is joke in your town!

--Public Enemy
:P

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 08/08/04 at 9:19 am

Get-up, get get down down, 911 is joke in your town!

--Public Enemy
:P
I think 911 'is a joke' in Philly where that teenage boy got beaten to death by a McDonald's a few years ago!

Check for new replies or respond here...