inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Man changes his name to Optimus Prime.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/09/04 at 11:38 am

I am not sure if this has been posted before, in fact this happend last year, but I read about it on the net and still found it funny.

CUYAHOGA FALLS -- A member of Ohio's 5694th National Guard Unit in Mansfield legally changed his name to a Transformers toy.

Optimus Prime is heading out to the Middle East with his guard unit on Wednesday to provide fire protection for airfields under combat.

"On Sunday, we were announced as the best firefighting unit in the Army National Guard in the entire country," said Prime. "That was a big moment for us."

Prime took his name from the leader of the Autobots Transformers, which were popular toys and a children's cartoon in the 1980s.

He legally changed his name on his 30th birthday and now it's on everything from his driver's license, to his military ID, to his uniform.

"They razzed me for three months to no end," said Prime. "They really dug into me about it."

Prime says the toy actually filled a void in his life when it came out.

"My dad passed away the year before and I didn't have anybody really around, so I really latched onto him when I was a kid," he said.

http://www.wkyc.com/news/news_fullstory.asp?id=3828

I wanna change name to Megatron now!!!  ::)  ;D

Subject: Re: Man changes his name to Optimus Prime.

Written By: karen on 12/09/04 at 12:39 pm

Years ago a student (Union President or something) changed his name to Dill the Dog after a character in a children's programme called The Herbs.  He did it by deed poll and so that was the name used on his graduation certificate and everything.

Here's a picture of the first Dill the Dog (for those that remember him)

Written By: Howard on 12/09/04 at 5:37 pm

http://www.wkyc.com/assetpool/images/0331941134_optimus1.jpg

You mean this guy wants to change his name? Why? ::)

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 12/09/04 at 7:43 pm

Ha ha! He transformed his own name!  ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/09/04 at 9:38 pm

Ha ha! He transformed his own name!  ;D

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG!!!!!!!!!!!  ::)  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...