inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Steven Seagal blaims F.B.I. on bad career.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/18/07 at 7:41 pm

According to Steve Seagal, his bad career can be blaimed, on a F.B.I. probe.

Seriously.

;D

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/070817/entertainment/seagal_apology

Subject: Re: Steven Seagal blaims F.B.I. on bad career.

Written By: Jessica on 08/18/07 at 9:31 pm

I read that yesterday and about pissed myself laughing. It is the most off the wall thing I have ever heard.

Written By: whistledog on 08/18/07 at 10:43 pm

His bad career is the result of bad acting.

He did have a few good films, but most people say his best role was in 'Executive Decision' because he gets killed ;D

Written By: Red Ant on 08/19/07 at 12:07 am

His bad career is the result of bad acting.

He did have a few good films, but most people say his best role was in 'Executive Decision' because he gets killed ;D

He was pretty big in the 90s, but all of his roles are pretty much the same. , so he has to kick ass and kill a lot of people to make things right.  His style and delivery in every film is just like the last... kinda like Jean Claude Van Damme except w/o an accent, and taller, lol.

Until now, I didn't know he is/was being investigated by the FBI....

Ant

Written By: gumbypiz on 08/19/07 at 3:22 am

He was pretty big in the 90s, but all of his roles are pretty much the same. , so he has to kick ass and kill a lot of people to make things right.  His style and delivery in every film is just like the last... kinda like Jean Claude Van Damme except w/o an accent, and taller, lol.

Until now, I didn't know he is/was being investigated by the FBI....

Ant

This story was on the front page of the LA Times for chrissake! And you're exactly right, all of his roles and movies in the 90's were pretty much exactly the same. Wooden acting, silly dialogue, and insipid plots killed his career, not some FBI investigation. If anything Seagal relished the idea that he had some type of sinister background and was being investigated or even by accident, implicated in some shady dealings.

If you remember, he had associated or claimed some type of background as a CIA operative while in Japan along with some shaky martial arts credentials, all either unsubstantiated or unverifiable. About the time his "fame" and stature of some type of dark underworld figure gone "Hollywood" was starting to be questioned, the FBI investigation into the intimidation of a reporter hit. And as usual he tried to use that as further evidence of his past "spy" background coming to haunt him to prop up his Hollywood cred.

Now hes claiming the investigation hurt his already in the toilet career, and wants an apology? ::)

What a phony  ::).

With films like "Above The Law", "Hard To Kill", "Marked for Death", & "Out for Justice" stinking up the silver screen, I was waiting for one called "Shoot the Bastard Already", but no luck. :P

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/19/07 at 5:45 am

Maybe he is a "crappy" actor but that is a matter of opinion.  The guy did, after all, make movies that grossed a total of $1 billion.  So in his heyday he certainly had the jack.

But the plots all kinda melded into the same general theme and the viewing public got bored.  I also think that overexposure in cable TV releases of his flicks also contributed to his career decine.

If only Bruce Lee had survived to star in an on-screen mano a mano with Steven.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/19/07 at 12:36 pm

Maybe he and Mel Gibson oughta go out for drinks!
::)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/19/07 at 1:00 pm

He should blaim it fattening food and bad movies.

Unless, the F.B.I. has secretly feeds him fattening food and gives him bad film ideas, as a way of sabotaging his career.

If they are.... at long last..... they are doing something that actually benifits everyone!  ;D

Now if they only sabotage Carrot Top's career!  ;D

Written By: whistledog on 08/19/07 at 1:13 pm

Now if they only sabotage Carrot Top's career!  ;D

Carrot Top has a career ?  ;D ;D ;D

He is funny when he has his trunk full of junk, but when he's in movies, run away screaming now ;D

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/19/07 at 4:23 pm

Carrot Top has a career ?  ;D ;D ;D

He is funny when he has his trunk full of junk, but when he's in movies, run away screaming now ;D

Hmmm...

A movie where Steven Seagal kicks Carrot Top's butt.

Yeah, I'd pay to see that flick.

Written By: whistledog on 08/19/07 at 4:24 pm

Hmmm...

A movie where Steven Seagal kicks Carrot Top's butt.

Yeah, I'd pay to see that flick.

How much would you pay though?  A movie like that would last not even 5 minutes ;D

Written By: gumbypiz on 08/19/07 at 4:24 pm

Maybe he is a "crappy" actor but that is a matter of opinion.  The guy did, after all, make movies that grossed a total of $1 billion.  So in his heyday he certainly had the jack.

But the plots all kinda melded into the same general theme and the viewing public got bored.  I also think that overexposure in cable TV releases of his flicks also contributed to his career decine.

If only Bruce Lee had survived to star in an on-screen mano a mano with Steven.

True, no question on the amount of $$ he brought in, but as the saying goes, "you won't go broke underestimating the taste of the American public". Millions of dollars were spent on things like Apple Newtons, N-Sync albums and Dodge Neons by Americans during the 90's too, but wouldn't hardly call any of these items the standard of excellence in any way.

As for Bruce vs Seagal?  ::)
C'mon now, Bruce would of taken him down like a stack of cards, without question. Steven Seagal is not even in the same universe as Bruce Lee!

Written By: Marian on 08/19/07 at 4:35 pm

Okay. ???

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/19/07 at 4:41 pm

How much would you pay though?  A movie like that would last not even 5 minutes ;D

I'd pay a full two hours' worth to see anybody kick Carrot Top's butt...  :P

Written By: whistledog on 08/19/07 at 4:46 pm

I'd pay a full two hours' worth to see anybody kick Carrot Top's butt...  :P

You could save your money, and just kick Carrott Top's ass yourself.  It would be more fun than watching someone else do it ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/19/07 at 5:48 pm

How about Carrot Top vs Steven Seagal?  ;D

Written By: Satish on 08/19/07 at 6:38 pm

Millions of dollars were spent on things like Apple Newtons, N-Sync albums and Dodge Neons by Americans during the 90's too, but wouldn't hardly call any of these items the standard of excellence in any way.

Oh ouch, I drive a Neon.  ;D

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/19/07 at 7:16 pm

You could save your money, and just kick Carrott Top's ass yourself.  It would be more fun than watching someone else do it ;D

You make a good point there, whistledog.  ;) :P

Written By: Jessica on 08/19/07 at 8:58 pm

Carrot Top isn't as wimpy as he looks and Seagal is getting up there in years. My money is on Carrot Top, even though he's obnoxious as hell.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/20/07 at 2:50 pm

That picture is scary!  ;D

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/20/07 at 7:07 pm

Carrot Top isn't as wimpy as he looks and Seagal is getting up there in years. My money is on Carrot Top, even though he's obnoxious as hell.

You'd be as obnoxious as Carrot Top too, if you were loaded up with 'rhroids and had a really bad face lift.  ;)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/20/07 at 7:08 pm

;D

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 08/24/07 at 2:09 pm

I blame the FBI for my bad career.  >:(

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/24/07 at 5:55 pm

;D

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 08/27/07 at 2:18 am

Speaking of Carrot-top, he was just on the incredibly cheesy episode of Gene Simmon's family Jewels.  Gene was in Las Vegas for his girlfriend's sister's wedding, and while the girl were out Bachlorette Partying, Gene went to the Carrot-Top show, and so afterwards, Carrot and Gene talk and hang out and go out shopping for props for Carrot-Tops new show.  So coincidently, Gene picks up this ...ahem...sexual toy, which coincidently Carrot-top was going to epoxy to some other thing to make a stupid prop.  Naturally the epoxy dries while Gene is holding said toy, and they have to go to the sister's wedding with this...under a jacket.  It was mildly amusing but totally scripted.  Probably Gene had an official Kiss logo on said toy, and wanted the "exposure" to get their name out there all the more.

Oh...back to Steven Seagal, Ever since he slept with his children's nanny and dumped Kelly LeBrock.  I never really liked him.  (Not that I was a huge fan of his films anyways)  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...