inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Amusement Park Ride from Hell/Why we should still be afraid of the Germans...

Written By: gumbypiz on 10/06/07 at 6:52 pm

Insane amusement park ride.

http://www.glumbert.com/media/ridehell

What more insane is that they're enjoying it.

Step right up who's next, who wants to ride?  ::)

Subject: Re: Amusement Park Ride from Hell/Why we should still be afraid of the Germans...

Written By: Red Ant on 10/06/07 at 6:59 pm

That's not insane, that's sadistic! That ride must have done at least 80 flips in total.

Edit: I counted 64 rotations before it started going backward... 128 rotations?

I would puke my guts up on something like that, so no thanks.

Ant

Subject: Re: Amusement Park Ride from Hell/Why we should still be afraid of the Germans..

Written By: KKay on 10/06/07 at 9:24 pm

they have that one at the six flags in jersey. I rode it and i loved it.
i don't really remember it spinning that much, but those rides tend to run a little short.
great.

Subject: Re: Amusement Park Ride from Hell/Why we should still be afraid of the Germans..

Written By: La Roche on 10/06/07 at 9:52 pm

That's totally kickass!

I remember when this ride - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-EA0l9JUsc&mode=related&search=alton%20towers%20nemesis%20ride%20rollercoaster%20theme%20park%20crazy%20mad%20insane
- Opened, me and Pete went on it.. he totally bricked it! "UUURRGGHH, UUURRGGGHHH, THERE'S A BIG HOLE, UUURRGGGHHH WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUAAAAAHHHHHHHH"

Subject: Re: Amusement Park Ride from Hell/Why we should still be afraid of the Germans...

Written By: wildcard on 10/06/07 at 11:10 pm

not me  I don't think it would matter how many times it went around I'd still puke.

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 10/07/07 at 6:57 am

That ride looks wicked insane!!!  :o

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/07/07 at 7:14 am

It can go back to where it came from.

Written By: lorac61469 on 10/07/07 at 5:58 pm

There is no way I'd get on that thing.  I'd be puking. 

I almost tossed my cookies on the Tilt-a-Whirl...and I know the guy who was running the thing made it go just a little longer becuase he wanted to see me hurl.  ;D

Written By: Tia on 10/07/07 at 7:23 pm

if i'd seen that silently and not seen the end of it, i'd have assumed it was another one of these youtube videos where everyone dies. forget puking, that looks like it would kill you.

Written By: Red Ant on 10/07/07 at 8:55 pm

if i'd seen that silently and not seen the end of it, i'd have assumed it was another one of these youtube videos where everyone dies. forget puking, that looks like it would kill you.

I was thinking the stresses on the machine would require a crapton of maintenance to keep it from tearing itself apart and killing all the riders.

Ant

Written By: Tia on 10/07/07 at 10:17 pm

I was thinking the stresses on the machine would require a crapton of maintenance to keep it from tearing itself apart and killing all the riders.

Ant
oh my god. that would be so awesome.

oops. tragic! i meant tragic! what'd i say?

Written By: Red Ant on 10/07/07 at 10:27 pm

heh heh. I was half expecting to see that ride come apart in the video.

Seriously, I would predict that in 5 years or less that ride will either be shut down or will have destroyed itself. That is a lot of unbalanced centripetal force, and imbalance in things that spin is the surest way to destroy them.

Ant

Written By: Tam on 10/07/07 at 11:10 pm

Watching it made me feel sick to my stomach!
But I held out fo rthe end cause I was hoping to see peeps puke - and NO ONE DID!!!!

Bunch of sicko's! ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/08/07 at 2:37 am

Certainly not my cup of tea.

Written By: wildcard on 10/08/07 at 7:12 pm

he he eveil

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 10/22/07 at 7:46 pm

I'm feeling dizzy and I didn't even watch the video, I swear I just read these posts and got dizzy thinking about it. I will have to watch the vid, but what the heck, doesn't anybody die on that video?

Check for new replies or respond here...