inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Woman cited for yelling obscenities at overflowing toilet

Written By: Dude111 on 10/17/07 at 1:55 am

www.nbcnews.com/id/21334238/ns/us_news-weird_news/t/potty-mouth-woman-cited-cursing-toilet

A Scranton woman who allegedly shouted profanities at her overflowing toilet within earshot of a neighbour was cited for disorderly conduct, authorities said. Dawn Herb could face up to 90 days in jail and a fine of up to $300. UNREAL!!!!!

You cant even swear in your own house anymore ;D

Subject: Re: Woman cited for yelling obscenities at overflowing toilet

Written By: danootaandme on 10/17/07 at 4:49 am

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/Oddities/071016/K101608AU.html
UNREAL!!!!!

You cant even swear in your own house anymore ;D

Well, you can, but close the windows first.

Written By: Howard on 10/17/07 at 6:11 am

I scream all the time when my crap overflows.Not my fault I make big lumperoos. ;D

Written By: Dude111 on 10/17/07 at 11:39 am

Hehehehe

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 10/17/07 at 11:40 am

Oh sheesh. ;D

Written By: Marian on 10/17/07 at 12:43 pm

junior put that back in the toilet!

Written By: Midas on 10/17/07 at 3:21 pm

She must've been pissed off :D ;D

Written By: Howard on 10/17/07 at 4:05 pm

Maybe she should taken a stool softener? ;D

Written By: Red Ant on 10/17/07 at 8:10 pm

Funny story, but this was OTT:

"Her next-door neighbour, a city police officer who was off-duty at the time, asked her to keep it down, police said. When she continued, the officer called police."

What a lazy bastard! If she was disturbing me that much, I would have arrested her myself.

Here's some tips for anyone that has an plugged or overflowing toilet:

1) If it's plugged up, DON'T flush it again. If the water can't escape the bottom, it will overflow the rim. Plunge it before flushing a second time.

2) Pull off the lid and push down the flapper or dump valve assembly (the thing your toilet handle connects to). That'll keep more water from flowing into the toilet bowl.

3) If the fill valve is stuck open, lift up on the float arm. If that doesn't work, cut off the water by turning the water line shut off valve clockwise.

A little info might save you from a flooded bathroom... or a ticket for obscenity.  :D

Ant

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 10/17/07 at 9:09 pm

For those of you with toilet overflow problems:

Stay away from laxatives and high-fiber products.

Written By: Red Ant on 10/17/07 at 9:17 pm

For those of you with toilet overflow problems:

Stay away from laxatives and high-fiber products.

And don't use half a roll of 26-ply TP to wipe.  ;D

Ant

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 10/17/07 at 11:45 pm

this is funny, and luckily for her, the ACLU is concerned. It's really not all her fault. If the toilet wasn't broke, she wouldn't have been such a "potty mouth"  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/06/kloguck.gif

Written By: Howard on 10/18/07 at 7:18 am

Or use a better plunger.  ;D

Written By: karen on 10/18/07 at 8:25 am

Funny story, but this was OTT:

"Her next-door neighbour, a city police officer who was off-duty at the time, asked her to keep it down, police said. When she continued, the officer called police."

What a lazy bastard! If she was disturbing me that much, I would have arrested her myself.

Here's some tips for anyone that has an plugged or overflowing toilet:

1) If it's plugged up, DON'T flush it again. If the water can't escape the bottom, it will overflow the rim. Plunge it before flushing a second time.

2) Pull off the lid and push down the flapper or dump valve assembly (the thing your toilet handle connects to). That'll keep more water from flowing into the toilet bowl.

3) If the fill valve is stuck open, lift up on the float arm. If that doesn't work, cut off the water by turning the water line shut off valve clockwise.

A little info might save you from a flooded bathroom... or a ticket for obscenity.  :D

Ant

I should get my daughter to read this post.  Twice in the past month she has blocked the toilet and the last time she tried flushing it again and then the valve stuck so the water just kept going in.  By the time she told me what had happened there was water everywhere.  It dripped through into the basement as well.

Written By: Marian on 10/18/07 at 1:44 pm

I should get my daughter to read this post.  Twice in the past month she has blocked the toilet and the last time she tried flushing it again and then the valve stuck so the water just kept going in.  By the time she told me what had happened there was water everywhere.  It dripped through into the basement as well.
Does she flush tampons or maxi pads down the toilet?Plumbers call this a serious DON'T!

Written By: Howard on 10/18/07 at 1:46 pm

Does she flush tampons or maxi pads down the toilet?Plumbers call this a serious DON'T!

Don't forget Baby Wipes too,Marian.

Written By: karen on 10/18/07 at 2:04 pm

No, she's only 8!

American toilets seem unable to cope with the amount of toilet paper she uses

Written By: Marian on 10/18/07 at 2:50 pm

No, she's only 8!

American toilets seem unable to cope with the amount of toilet paper she uses
Okay.But often less sweets and junk food+ softer stools,rather than rock-hard ones.

Written By: karen on 10/18/07 at 8:42 pm

Okay.But often less sweets and junk food+ softer stools,rather than rock-hard ones.

you're making a bit of an assumption there don't you think?

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 10/18/07 at 8:45 pm

Used to have a friend, who clogged the commode every time he commenced #2.

He earned the nickname, "Toilet Choker".

Written By: La Roche on 10/18/07 at 8:48 pm

On a somewhat related topic.

I was walking along one day and was struck with a sudden urge to evacuate the lower half of my body. The only nearby store was a McDonalds so I wandered in, went in to a stall and proceeded to do an impersonation of Krakatoa. Anyhow, I flushed.. and of course.. uh oh!.. here it all came back. I quietly closed the door.. safe in the knowledge that I'd managed to cost McDonalds at least $100 to fix that mess.  ;D

Written By: Dude111 on 10/18/07 at 9:33 pm

Not surprising it was OFF DUTY COP!! (They think they can do anything and its sickening!)

Written By: Marian on 10/22/07 at 1:51 pm

you're making a bit of an assumption there don't you think?
A good number of kids aren't regular enough due to the popularity of sugary treats.You'd be surprised at how many don't eat something from a plant with every meal.it's not just the obviously chunky ones!

Written By: Brigitte on 10/22/07 at 9:15 pm

Ever toilet is different, I'm a master at controlling my own toilet but if I went to someone else's house, I might not know the subtle things to do to get the crap down!

Written By: whistledog on 10/22/07 at 9:17 pm

Whenever I use a public toilet, I never care how much paper I use because it's free :D

I once clogged a urinal ... the stupid urinal cake was right in the hole where the water goes down, and when I flushed, the flush lasted so long that the water overflowed.  I screamed a bunch of swears because I thought that someone was gonna walk in and blame me for the mess.

Written By: Red Ant on 10/22/07 at 9:31 pm

went in to a stall and proceeded to do an impersonation of Krakatoa. Anyhow, I flushed.. and of course.. uh oh!.. here it all came back. I quietly closed the door.. safe in the knowledge that I'd managed to cost McDonalds at least $100 to fix that mess.  ;D

LOL! But, I doubt you managed to cost McDonalds more than some poor employee to quit his job after cleaning up your eruption. Go Team Toilet Clog!

Oh wow, that is not good. Yeah, she needs to become Mrs. Plumber, pronto.

There are cheap and easy ways to make those crappy water saver toilets (which are in 90% of homes now) flush much better. Send me a PM if you are interested.

The worst thing I ever heard of happening to a toilet was a bad clog, so a plumber was called. The plumber was unaware that, on the other side of the bathroom, there was another toilet which connected to the stopped up one with a common drain line. He plunged it, he snaked it - no luck. Then he hooked up an air line and blew it out. He blew it out alright, but not down the drain - through the toilet on the other side. Feces and toilet paper were hurled to the ceiling, where they stuck, and everything in the room was coated with a fine brown mist. I'm not sure how he cleaned it up.

Ant

Written By: karen on 10/23/07 at 8:34 am

A good number of kids aren't regular enough due to the popularity of sugary treats.You'd be surprised at how many don't eat something from a plant with every meal.it's not just the obviously chunky ones!

What I'm saying Marian is that your implication is that I don't know how to feed my children properly! Don't you think that's a bit insulting?

Written By: La Roche on 10/23/07 at 2:49 pm

LOL! But, I doubt you managed to cost McDonalds more than some poor employee to quit his job after cleaning up your eruption. Go Team Toilet Clog!
Ant

Probably, so at least I can believe I saved some poor kid working in McDonalds.

Written By: Marian on 10/25/07 at 1:32 pm

On a somewhat related topic.

I was walking along one day and was struck with a sudden urge to evacuate the lower half of my body. The only nearby store was a McDonalds so I wandered in, went in to a stall and proceeded to do an impersonation of Krakatoa. Anyhow, I flushed.. and of course.. uh oh!.. here it all came back. I quietly closed the door.. safe in the knowledge that I'd managed to cost McDonalds at least $100 to fix that mess.  ;D

:D ;D ;D ;DKrakatoa--I love it! ;D

Written By: Marian on 10/25/07 at 1:35 pm

What I'm saying Marian is that your implication is that I don't know how to feed my children properly! Don't you think that's a bit insulting?
hey,sometimes i don't feed MYSELF properly!LOLIn my case it usually causes "1 1/2" though.

Check for new replies or respond here...