inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Waxworks touched up after mobbing

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/03/07 at 6:25 pm

From BBC News Online.

Waxworks of A-list stars Brad Pitt and George Clooney have undergone emergency repairs after being mobbed by over-amorous fans in London.

Madame Tussauds was forced to withdraw the models just a day after the Ocean's Thirteen attraction opened on Thursday.

Clooney's cheeks had to be retouched when fans left a trail of lipstick marks and Pitt's squeezable bottom was fixed after enduring too many pinches.

The wax figures were back on show on Saturday morning.

A spokesman for Madame Tussauds said while this had happened before, when Johnny Depp appeared as Captain Jack Sparrow in the Pirates of the Caribbean experience, it was quite unusual.

"They have been mobbing the whole set, kissing and touching them for a photo, but this is what it is all about so we are not going to stop them doing this, although we will keep an eye on things."

A decision was taken to take the wax figures out of the attraction on Friday morning to allow the studio team to carry out essential maintenance.

Subject: Re: Waxworks touched up after mobbing

Written By: snozberries on 11/03/07 at 8:05 pm

From BBC News Online.

Waxworks of A-list stars Brad Pitt and George Clooney have undergone emergency repairs after being mobbed by over-amorous fans in London.

Madame Tussauds was forced to withdraw the models just a day after the Ocean's Thirteen attraction opened on Thursday.

Clooney's cheeks had to be retouched when fans left a trail of lipstick marks and Pitt's squeezable bottom was fixed after enduring too many pinches.

A spokesman for Madame Tussauds said while this had happened before, when Johnny Depp appeared as Captain Jack Sparrow in the Pirates of the Caribbean experience, it was quite unusual.

"They have been mobbing the whole set, kissing and touching them for a photo, but this is what it is all about so we are not going to stop them doing this, although we will keep an eye on things."

A decision was taken to take the wax figures out of the attraction on Friday morning to allow the studio team to carry out essential maintenance.

I wonder if they're anatomically correct. If someone let me get that close to a wax figure I would be checking to find out  ;)

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/04/07 at 5:14 am

I wonder if they're anatomically correct. If someone let me get that close to a wax figure I would be checking to find out  ;)
Now I would not had thought of anything like that.

Written By: snozberries on 11/04/07 at 11:19 am

Now I would not had thought of anything like that.

Mine is a very twisted and sick mind  ;)

Written By: Marian on 11/08/07 at 2:48 pm

From BBC News Online.

They need to sell blow up dolls of the stars in the gift shop! :-*

Written By: snozberries on 11/08/07 at 5:01 pm

They need to sell blow up dolls of the stars in the gift shop! :-*

that's quite an ingenious marketing idea...

Check for new replies or respond here...