inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Do As I Say And Not As I Do?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/21/07 at 12:10 pm

I couldn't help laughing when I read this morning. I know I shouldn't have, but I thought it was funny.

You would think these guys would know better.

http://www.rutlandherald.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071121/NEWS02/711210368/1003/NEWS02

Cat

Subject: Re: Do As I Say And Not As I Do?

Written By: ladybug316 on 11/21/07 at 1:25 pm

:D!  I used to date a guy who lived in Summit, New York and they dubbed their volunteer fire department "The Summit Cellar Savers" because that's all that would be left of your house if they were in charge of putting out your fire!

Written By: snozberries on 11/21/07 at 1:27 pm

LOL This happened on an episode of King of the Hill but I never though it could happen for real... I mean even volunteer firefighters have to have some training right?

:D!  I used to date a guy who lived in Summit, New York and they dubbed their volunteer fire department "The Summit Cellar Savers" because that's all that would be left of your house if they were in charge of putting out your fire!

Written By: ladybug316 on 11/21/07 at 1:35 pm

LOL This happened on an episode of King of the Hill but I never though it could happen for real... I mean even volunteer firefighters have to have some training right?

Yes they need training.  The only people stupid enough to run into burning buildings without training are the ones who would leave cigarettes burning...hey, wait a minute... ;)

Written By: snozberries on 11/21/07 at 1:57 pm

Yes they need training.  The only people stupid enough to run into burning buildings without training are the ones who would leave cigarettes burning...hey, wait a minute... ;)

;D

Written By: karen on 11/27/07 at 10:51 am

We became more than a little worried when we realised that the firefighters are all volunteers.  Especially when we saw them in action at a local fair!  They set up a demonstration of putting out cooking fires.  FIrst time they couldn't keep the fires lit while they explained what would happen.  Then it took four attempts to put out a stove top fire and three goes at the oven fire!  They then demonstrated the 'jaws of life' in action on a car crash.  But they had to explain why they couldn't just remove the door (as they had said) but had to totally wreck the car!

Written By: snozberries on 11/27/07 at 3:32 pm

We became more than a little worried when we realised that the firefighters are all volunteers.  Especially when we saw them in action at a local fair!  They set up a demonstration of putting out cooking fires.  FIrst time they couldn't keep the fires lit while they explained what would happen.  Then it took four attempts to put out a stove top fire and three goes at the oven fire!  They then demonstrated the 'jaws of life' in action on a car crash.  But they had to explain why they couldn't just remove the door (as they had said) but had to totally wreck the car!

yeah they definitely need more training.  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/27/07 at 6:06 pm

I have a lot of respect for firefighters-especially the volunteers. But, yeah, as snozberries said, they do need more training.

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...