inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Texas ghost town is sold on eBay

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/25/07 at 7:30 am

A small, uninhabited town in Texas has been sold on the internet auction site, eBay, to a buyer in Italy for a little over $3m (£1.45m).

The town, called Albert, is about 100km (62 miles) outside San Antonio and features a schoolhouse, a dancehall and a bar.

The town's current owner, Bobby Cave, said he was checking the identity of the buyer, to confirm the deal.

He added he had several other serious bids should the sale fall through.

Mr Cave, 47, an estate agent, said he sold the land after three-and-a-half years as he was ready to move on to his next project.

"I bought it with the intention of creating a little family camping venue where people could come out and drink and enjoy local live music," he told PA news agency.

He said the town's population consisted of himself and a groundsman at weekends.

The winning buyer will take over an icehouse created from the frame of the old general store, a pavilion, an 85-year-old dance hall, a tractor shed and a three-bedroom house, together with peach and pecan orchards.

Subject: Re: Texas ghost town is sold on eBay

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 11/26/07 at 9:21 pm

I went on the towns website.  It seems like a pretty nice place.  I'd buy it if I had the money.  Heck, I'm almost compelled to ask Santa. :)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 11/27/07 at 12:47 am

Maybe we should band our money together and create inthe00sville

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/27/07 at 6:07 pm

Maybe we should band our money together and create inthe00sville

;D ;D ;D ;D

I wouldn't mind that-just as long as it is NOT in Texas.  8-P

Cat

Written By: apollonia1986 on 11/29/07 at 9:37 pm

OMG, I live in Texas and I never heard about this!  :o So weird.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/01/07 at 11:17 am

;D ;D ;D ;D

I wouldn't mind that-just as long as it is NOT in Texas.  8-P

Cat

Texas needs an oasis, it mine as well be us.http://www.3000ad.com/ubb/graemlins/w00t.gif

Check for new replies or respond here...