inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: For that one-of-a-kind present....

Written By: TigerMystic on 12/08/07 at 11:25 am

Just what I always wanted--  ;)

http://i18.tinypic.com/89g3ubd.jpg

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22139117/

A good cause, I know.  But still--  ;D

Subject: Re: For that one-of-a-kind present....

Written By: Red Ant on 12/08/07 at 11:43 am

"The Javan rhino is so rare, a sample could not be collected."

Well, count me out. I wanted the whole set. I can't have a "4 outta 5" rhino turd collection - it's just incomplete.

Hmmm, gives me an idea for a parody...

Ant

Written By: TigerMystic on 12/08/07 at 11:46 am

"The Javan rhino is so rare, a sample could not be collected."

Well, count me out. I wanted the whole set. I can't have a "4 outta 5" rhino turd collection - it's just incomplete.

Ant

My sentiments exactly!

Written By: Red Ant on 12/08/07 at 11:48 pm

I talked with my dad tonight. I told him I was getting him a rhino turd for Christmas. Thinking he would be impressed, he responds with "Well Billy got me a can of Goose A**holes a few years ago".

??? :o

Way to be upstaged. Sure enough, he had a can of Goose A**holes. I've got a picture of the can: I'll send it via PM to anyone who wants to see it.

Ant

Written By: TigerMystic on 12/09/07 at 12:47 pm

I talked with my dad tonight. I told him I was getting him a rhino turd for Christmas. Thinking he would be impressed, he responds with "Well Billy got me a can of Goose A**holes a few years ago".

??? :o

Way to be upstaged. Sure enough, he had a can of Goose A**holes. I've got a picture of the can: I'll send it via PM to anyone who wants to see it.

Ant

Too funny, Ant!!!  ;D

But ya know, you aren't truly upstaged unless you don't get Dad the rhino turd.  I say, "Go for it!"

Besides, does that can Billy got him really   contain goose a**holes?  Haven't you ever wondered?  No one will ever know unless the can is opened--and who wants to ruin the can?

But rhino turd?  There it will be, in all its dry-to-the-touch glory.  Your dad will be able to see the proof of your affection.  There'll be no bones about it (or in it, since rhinos are herbivores):  You gave your dad the real thing.

And how loving is that?

;) ;) ;)

Written By: Red Ant on 12/09/07 at 12:58 pm

Besides, does that can Billy got him really   contain goose a**holes?  Haven't you ever wondered?  No one will ever know unless the can is opened--and who wants to ruin the can?

I did wonder, so I searched the net when I got home. It's a gag label (see http://www.goosefoot.com/catalog.htm for one), but it still looked very real. I have seen other really weird stuff in cans, so...

I don't think I can spend at least $123 for a rhino ball, though it would be a great conversation piece... in the right company.

Ant

Written By: TigerMystic on 12/09/07 at 2:26 pm

I don't think I can spend at least $123 for a rhino ball, though it would be a great conversation piece... in the right company.

Ant

I can think of at least one or two things I'd rather purchase for that chunk of change, too--  ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...