inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Croatian Smurfs left blue-faced

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/31/08 at 3:41 am

Croatian Smurfs left blue-faced as world record attempt falls sadly short

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/01_05/smurfsCEN_468x255.jpg

It's like a scene from a psychedelic dream or some cheese-induced nightmare.

But the bizarre sight of almost 400 grown men, women and children covered head to foot in blue paint wearing white trousers and floppy white hats is actually a serious record-breaking attempt.

The record they were trying to smash was the much-coveted "most Smurfs gathered together at one time."

But it wasn't meant to be.

When they contacted World Guiness Book of Records to register their feat they were told they were too late.

Even though they had managed to gather 395 Smurf-a-likes in one place, this Croatian attempt to smash the record turned out to be a waste of time.

Shoddy research meant they believed they only had to get 291 'Smurfs' in one place to clinch the prized record.

However they managed to overlook one vitally important fact.

A new record had actually been set by students at Warwick University last year where they had managed to round up a grand total of 451 Smurfs.

Subject: Re: Croatian Smurfs left blue-faced

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/31/08 at 8:18 am

I think they should have created a too scale version of Gargamel for the gathering.

A Smurf is three apples high (4" height of an apple means about 1 foot tall).  Gargamel is about 6 feet tall.  So if these people are around 6 feet tall, Gargamel should then be around 36 feet tall.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/31/08 at 8:19 am

I think they should have created a too scale version of Gargamel for the gathering.

A Smurf is three apples high (4" height of an apple means about 1 foot tall).  Gargamel is about 6 feet tall.  So if these people are around 6 feet tall, Gargamel should then be around 36 feet tall.
you have been at the calculator again?

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/31/08 at 11:11 am

you have been at the calculator again?

I can do 6 x 6 in my head oddly enough

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 01/31/08 at 1:48 pm

Wow, that just smurfs big time...  ;D

Written By: KKay on 01/31/08 at 2:18 pm

cheese-induced nightmare.

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/01/1syellow1.gif

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/01/08 at 5:34 am

cheese-induced nightmare.

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/01/1syellow1.gif
Do the Smurfs eat cheese?

Check for new replies or respond here...