inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Filipinos warned on crucifixions.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/24/08 at 10:56 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7305522.stm

Health officials are telling people to take proper safety precautions when crucifying people.  They're worried about people getting Tetanus. 

Subject: Re: Filipinos warned on crucifixions.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/25/08 at 4:33 am

This happens every year and I was thinking yesterday I had not seen any reports in the media yet.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/25/08 at 3:10 pm

This happens every year and I was thinking yesterday I had not seen any reports in the media yet.

Well now you've seen it.  My Uncle's been in the Philippines during Holy Week.  He said even though he is a Catholic priest he found it very unsettling.  I just found it to be a bit weird that people willingly have themselves nailed to a cross but worry about tetanus.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/25/08 at 3:14 pm

Well now you've seen it.  My Uncle's been in the Philippines during Holy Week.  He said even though he is a Catholic priest he found it very unsettling.  I just found it to be a bit weird that people willingly have themselves nailed to a cross but worry about tetanus.
Thus showing the true devotion to their religion.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/25/08 at 3:20 pm

Thus showing the true devotion to their religion.

Very true.  I don't think you'd see that kind of devotion in the U.S.  Muslims have a religious feast where they scourge themselves.  I guess it goes to prove the world isn't as Secular as some people think.

Check for new replies or respond here...