inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Proverbs and Rednecks

Written By: Red Ant on 04/17/08 at 6:32 pm

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."

Perhaps so, but letting a man figure out for himself how to fish can result in this:

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/326814/

I'd like to see him try to catch a shark with that method, lol.

Ant

Subject: Re: Proverbs and Rednecks

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/17/08 at 7:52 pm

They've been doing that ever since the invention of the fishing rod.  It too complex for some folks to operate.

Written By: Foo Bar on 04/17/08 at 11:00 pm

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."

Give a man a fish and he'll say "Dude!  You've still got a fish!  Gimme another one!"

Sorry.  I meant to say...

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to fish and he'll drink beer all weekend.

Aaw, to hell with it. 

Light a man a fire and you keep him warm him for the night.
Light a man on fire and you keep him warm the rest of his life.

Much better.  (You can spend all day tomorrow sitting around, drink beer and nibbling on leftovers, and you won't have to leave your camp, let alone waste your time messing about with the fish!)

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 05/14/08 at 4:35 pm

They call that "noodling."

They had an article about it in the local alternative newspaper a while back, and these 'necks do a lot crazier stuff than that. Some guys will get completely underwater, crawl into some hole while one of his buddies holds his feet, and when he's get a bite on their arm he'll kick to signal his buddy and his buddy will then pull him out. I guess these guys have scars all up and down their arms.

Noodling catfish is illegal in most states except for Oklahoma, where they have annual noodling tournaments.  :o :o :o

All I know is that you'd have to be completely nuts to to that.

Written By: Shacks Train on 07/07/08 at 1:38 pm

Give a man a fish........He'll eat for today
Teach a man to fish..........
He'll sit in the boat & drink beer all day!!!!
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/07/08 at 4:31 pm

Give a man a fish........He'll eat for today
Teach a man to fish..........
He'll sit in the boat & drink beer all day!!!!
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I suppose catching a fish would be the added bonus than. :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/07/08 at 5:04 pm

We were out on our boat one time anchored when this little fishing boat came by and had to show off the catfish they caught-it was a BIG one and if I had caught it, I would have bragged, too. We asked them what they used for bait and were told old, rotten liver. So, maybe those guys in the video had old rotten liver on their arms-or they just hadn't taken a shower in a year. lol

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...